Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current Division of Veterans’ Affairs employee with permanent or contingent-permanent service as an Veterans Education Program Representative 1 and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Veterans Education Program Representative 1; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as an Assistant in Educational Planning & Evaluation and eligible for transfer under section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
A 55b/c candidate with a bachelor’s degree* in any field and:
1. two years of professional experience in a position where 50% or more of your duties involved the administration, oversight, regulation, or coordination of a Veterans' education program to include degree programs within institutions of higher learning, certification programs, on-the-job Training/Apprenticeship programs, or Distance Learning programs;
OR 2. two years of professional experience in the review, evaluation, or approval of education programs for federal approval, regional, or state accreditation purposes, to include degree programs within institutions of higher learning, certification programs, on-The-Job Training/Apprenticeship programs, or Distance Learning programs.
OR 3. two years of professional experience in an educational or governmental organization in an administrative position with major responsibilities for one or more of the following: educational program planning, education program evaluation, or educational program auditing for degree programs within institutions of higher learning, certification programs, On-The-Job Training/Apprenticeship programs, or Distance Learning programs.
*Substitution: One year of active service with an honorable discharge from the United States military will substitute for one year of the required experience. You must include a copy of your DD-214 to demonstrate your veterans’ status.
A master’s degree in any field may substitute for two years of the required experience.
Duties Description • Conduct compliance surveys of various educational programs such as institutions of higher learning, non-college degree, on-the-job training and apprenticeship programs to ensure compliance with applicable laws and U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs regulations.
• Perform on-site reviews and evaluations of these specific educational institutions, including review of curricula and counseling services and prepare reports for submission to the VA concerning on-site visitation evaluations.
• Provide technical assistance and advice to educational institutions with the preparation of applications for approval to train veterans under Public law 89-358.
• Provide assistance and advice to veterans concerning various institutions and programs and investigate and resolve complaints submitted by veterans or veterans groups.
• Other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Travel is required and could be extensive. Appointees to these positions are required to have a driver's license valid in New York State to operate a motor vehicle or otherwise demonstrate their capacity to meet the transportation needs of the job.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.