Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 21 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 or 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to BSC Analyst 2 is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description The duties of these BSC Analyst 2 positions will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Attend daily BSC huddles, current BSC trainings, meetings internally and with BSC customers, BSC customer forums, service line sit-besides and process confirmations, lean events and other relevant meetings/trainings to obtain a full understanding of how the BSC operates and the vision/mission/organizational objectives, including a complete understanding of our Strategic Plan and related goals for each quarter/year.
• Work closely with all service lines across the organization to develop and ensure completion of functional, technical and performance related projects.
• Supervise and support requirements development and maintain accountability by working closely with Project Management staff and service line subject matter experts.
• Maintain team dashboards and supervise/track metrics related work—record and report progress on strategic initiatives and operations.
• Meet regularly with BSC managers and leadership to identify opportunities for new strategic initiatives to support the operations within service lines.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of a capacity calculator to appropriately distribute work among the Project and Performance Management teams.
• Supervise and support the enhancement of Oracle RightNow, BSC metrics portfolio including our dashboard, SharePoint pages, Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server as the BSC moves to a self-service and tier 0 support model.
• Supervise and coach staff on the development of work documents to support strategic initiatives (including status reporting and standard work).
• Create plans and timelines for new metrics development. Create a culture of transparency and accountability for metrics development.
• Supervise the development of customer report cards and commissioner’s quarterly reports.
• Facilitate Work Breakdown Structure meetings with various stakeholder groups—the incumbent will be responsible with ensuring that high level deliverables for strategic projects are met via a solid plan, timeline and understanding of accountability.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.