Office of Information and Reporting Services
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Supervisor of Education Programs.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in any of the following titles: Associate in Bilingual Education, Associate in Continuing Education, Associate in Early Childhood Education, Associate in Education Improvement Services, Associate in Educational Planning and Evaluation or Associate in Instructional Services.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for a Supervisor of Education Programs position in the Office of Information and Reporting Services/Education Design and Technology. This Office coordinates programs and initiatives that promote the effective integration of technology in educational environments statewide to improve teaching and learning. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide expert assistance to management in developing and implementing policy and legislative and regulatory proposals on a variety of topics, including computer-based testing (CBT);
• Oversee the implementation of the CBT scoring and testing platforms to ensure expected functionality and adherence to NYSED standards and guidelines;
• Oversee vendor activities and related technology enhancements on CBT platforms;
• Ensure the programmatic materials, including those related to CBT, accurately reflect NYSED policies and procedures;
• Maintain, through ongoing research and networking, expertise in the trends in state, national, and international standards, curriculum, instruction, and educational technology, including emerging technologies, to support NYSED initiatives including CBT and policy development;
• Coordinate and facilitate communication with internal and external stakeholders and senior management in a variety of ways, including drafting written reports, facilitating internal meetings, presenting at statewide meetings and conferences, hosting webinars, and maintaining online support documentation, including the CBT support;
• Work closely with and respond directly to SED senior management as needed; and
• Supervise professional and support staff and ensure the timely completion of all assigned work.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. This position will require frequent, statewide travel.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $116,844 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by July 11, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1798/64350) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by July 11, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1798/64350) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.