Office of State Assessment
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title.
Section 70.4 Transfer: Candidates may be eligible for nomination for Section 70.4 transfer if they have standing on the Civil Service eligible list for this title and are currently a New York State employee in a title allocated at Grade 20 or higher.
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department's Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Assistant in Instructional Services (Social Studies 7-12) position in the Office of State Assessment. This Office is responsible for the development of Regents Examinations as well as providing supplemental examination materials, support for administrative questions or concerns and technical assistance. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Conduct activities related to the development of examinations, including convening and conducting exam review committees and key teacher-consultant committees;
• Assist with committee work and scoring sessions to provide content expertise in the development of State exams;
• Assist with the recruitment and training of teacher-consultants to write questions for assessments;
• Assist with the development and field testing of exams;
• Review and revise questions for field testing and work with the Content Advisory Panel (CAP) to address concerns;
• Assist with managing the work of contractors in the preparation and review of certain aspects of the development of Regents Examinations in Social Studies;
• Assist with the preparation and/or review of examinations, rubrics and supplementary test materials and monitoring their progress through the translation and printing stages;
• Assist with maintaining a pool of teacher-consultants to participate as needed in test development activities in Social Studies, including training, assigning, and reviewing the work of teacher-consultants to perform a wide range of test development tasks;
• Provide information and assistance related to assessment to NYS educators, school personnel, professional organizations, State and federal governmental agencies, the Content Advisory Panel for Social Studies, and the public; and
• Represent the Department at meetings and on projects related to NYS assessments, as needed.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree will be required for all candidates at time of interview.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $88,124 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by June 21, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1775/64209) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by June 21, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1775/64209) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.