Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications For permanent appointment, candidate must be currently employed by New York State as a Habilitation Specialist 1 with permanent or contingent permanent service and eligible for transfer, OR Currently be employed by New York State and reachable for appointment on the Civil Service list for this title.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Habilitation Specialist 1 provide a variety of activities in support of our individuals diagnosed with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. Habilitation Specialist are responsible for developing/assisting with individualized pre-academic, academic and self-help skills. As well as individualized pre-vocational, communication and appropriate social/community skills. The Habilitation Specialist will help the individuals we service reach their optimal level of functioning.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The incumbent’s job duties will include the following:
• Incumbent will cover multiple residences.
• Attend Annuals and Semi-Annuals Individual Service Plan
meetings (ISP’s) as scheduled.
• Develop Residential Habilitation Plans that address the outcomes
as reflected in the ISP’s.
• Develop/Review/Revise Individual Plans of Protective Oversights
(IPOP’s) as needed.
• Provide ongoing training to direct support staff in all areas
related to Residential Habilitation.
• Conduct observations in the AM and PM to ensure that residential
habilitation goals are being carried out properly.
• Establish working relationships with MSC’s and ensure ISP’s are
scheduled as required.
• Provide input to the House Manager or Recreation staff in the
planning of community inclusion activities that are appropriate to
each individual’s interests and abilities.
• Transport individuals to community activities as needed.
• Maintain all necessary records.
Additional duties assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Human Resources Office