Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list (PATT or PCO) or be eligible to transfer. To qualify for a permanent appointment under Section 52.6, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a title designated as 52.6 transfer eligible.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD), Division of Service Delivery – Regional Offices is seeking a person to provide administrative analysis and monitoring of several initiatives. Under the direction of the Deputy Commissioner, the position is responsible for planning, coordinating Regional Office functions. The incumbent will have a key role in fostering and supporting the collaborative workforce and to ensure excellent quality in Regional Office operational standards.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with Regional Office staff to develop a system for efficient, effective and consistent communications on statewide policy issues and priority projects
• Manage Regional Office programs/initiatives with limited instruction including planning, organizing, coordinating, and implementing
• Monitor the status of programs/initiatives including potentially serving as project manager
• Regularly monitor documents with deadlines and compile information from a variety of resources into various reports efficiently and effectively
• Provide reports, analyze data and provide recommendations where needed.
• Act as liaison with other divisions within OPWDD and with not for profit organizations as needed.
• Actively participate in policy and procedure development and implementation, as needed.
• Prepare or supervise the preparation of Regional Office reports and related correspondence including the coordination of Governor’s Office and Commissioner correspondence ensuring timely handling
• Organize and coordinate statewide meetings /conference calls, video conferences, webinars, etc. to inform and communicate.
• Represent Regional Office on interagency committees, in intra agency work groups and forums as assigned.
• Supervise a subordinate staff of clerical / support personnel, interns, trainees.
• Provide administrative support, as needed, for the Division of Service Delivery, Regional Offices
The successful candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced office; have strong inter-personal and phone skills, organization skills, and problem solving skills; ability to manage multiple priorities effectively; strong attention to detail; software skills including strong Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Outlook and Word skills, and a working knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on Applying(Appointment may also be made at the Trainee 1 level and serve up to a two-year traineeship). (Traineeship 1, NS equated to a Grade 13, $42,986-$55,008)
Appointment to this position is pending Division of Budget approval to fill.
Submit cover letter and résumé by June 14, 2018. Please reference the above EOA #2018-62 in all correspondence.