Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Office of Financial Management, State Operations Finance Group, Syracuse Patient Resource Office 620
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be employed by New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
Candidates must have permanent status as an Office Assistant 2, Grade 9, and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting to fill an Office Assistant 2 position in the Office of Financial Management, State Operations Finance Group, Syracuse Patient Resource Office (PRO). The Patient Resource Office is responsible for documenting financial resources of mental health clients and/or their family members in order to determine reimbursement sources to pay for services and to determine eligibility of benefits. The incumbent of this position will be responsible for daily office support tasks. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Process Food Stamp applications.
• Work within the Medicaid Welfare Management System and EMedNY along with various billing and other systems to maintain and collect necessary financial data.
• Process Personnel Needs Allowance (PNA) eligibility lists, adjusting PNA benefits for working clients.
• Monitor and track status of program activities using various reports, client rosters and logs.
• Analyze routine reimbursement and demographic data, making appropriate decisions regarding case routing and resolution.
• Perform clerical duties such as filing, forms completion, data entry and special projects as assigned.
• Provide support to professional staff by performing follow-up work as needed.
• Provide backup to other support staff.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #53866 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.