Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications 52.6 Transfer: New York State employees with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c status in a position at the SG-29/M-3 level or above designated administrative pursuant to Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law and meet transfer eligibility requirements.
New York State employees with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c status in a personnel, financial administration, accounting, auditing, or business analysis position allocated to
SG-29/M-3 and above and designated administrative pursuant to Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law, OR two years of permanent competitive service in a personnel, financial administration, accounting, auditing, or business analysis position allocated to SG-27/M-2 and above and designated administrative pursuant to Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
The BSC Manager, M-4 will serve as the Service Line lead managing several teams within one of the HR Operations Service Lines in Benefits, Personnel Administration or Payroll. The incumbent will be responsible for developing recommendations to build the assigned service lines infrastructure to support future waves of customers into the BSC.
The BSC Manager will supervise the day-to-day activities of the assigned service line. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Leading the assigned service line in providing exceptional customer service.
• Communicating and interacting with key stakeholders and customers to understand their needs, propose appropriate solutions and guide them through a resolution.
• Addressing systematic issues raised by customers and stakeholders in a timely and effective manner.
• Coordinating and participating in the preparation of work plans for streamlining services, including identifying key deliverables and critical dates.
• Instilling a performance based culture by performing a daily review of service line performance metrics and management reports and using that information to manage daily assignments and work with the assigned service line.
• Identifying performance issues and leading the team in developing and implementing solutions to correct them.
• Coaching and directing staff in the performance of their duties, leading daily huddles and soliciting feedback from the team.
• Developing and implementing service line training plans and programs for employees and customers.
• Incorporating Lean principles into the assigned service line's daily work with a mindset of continuous improvement.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.