Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
1 Chimney Point Drive
Minimum Qualifications Reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list OR current permanent status as a Nurse Administrator 1 Psy and qualified for lateral transfer OR eligible for transfer via 70.1 of Civil Service Law.
Failure to maintain licensure, registration and Medicaid/Medicare eligibility will result in the termination of employment.
Duties Description • Supervision of nursing services inclusive of scheduling, performance evaluations, documented supervision and managing daily activities of the nurse’s station.
• Maintains and oversees staffing schedule with the assistance of the Director and Assistant Director. Provides educational lecture and health related education as needed.
• Cover RN duties as needed.
• Coordinate nursing aspect of both the admission and discharge process.
• Oversee the ordering and maintaining medical supplies and patient medication’s, as well as narcotics tracking and management.
• Responsible for attending Infection Control Meetings at the psychiatric center.
• Serve on facility Leadership Team and chair the risk management Committee.
• Responsible for updating and maintaining the RN and emergency procedures manuals and ensuring implementation of facility policies and procedures related to nursing.
• Attends monthly NA meetings and shares pertinent information to staff as appropriate.
• Provide supervision to staff on the Day, Evening and Overnight shifts.
• Other duties as necessary to meet ATC needs.
St. Lawrence ATC is a Tobacco-Free Facility.
Additional Comments Salary Range for Nurse Administrator 1 Psy:
$62,726 - $79,577*
*Plus $7,000 Geographic Pay
Excellent Health Insurance Benefits Including Vision and Dental, NYS Employees Retirement System (Pension), Optional Deferred Compensation, Continuing Education Benefits, Generous Paid Leave Benefits, Compensation for 12 State holidays per year.
Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Avenue
Notes on ApplyingIf interested in this position and eligible for transfer, please submit a resume and cover letter. Please provide your SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER in order to verify your transfer eligibility.