Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Candidates must be permanent competitive or 55 b/c employees of New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
One year of permanent competitive service as an Office Assistant 2 (Keyboarding) OR be reachable on the Office Assistant 2 (Keyboarding) eligible list OR have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the law.
70.1 transfer or reinstatement:
One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 2 (Keyboarding) OR have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title within two salary grades of the target title that is eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of Civil Service Law.
Permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 2 (Keyboarding).
One year of permanent competitive service as Data Entry Machine Operator, Data Entry Machine Operator (Spanish Language), Keyboard Specialist 1, Keyboard Specialist 1 (Chinese Language), Keyboard Specialist 1 (Spanish Language), Law Department Document Specialist Trainee 1 or Trainee 2, Office Assistant 1 (Keyboarding), Office Assistant 1 Keyboarding (Chinese Language), or Office Assistant 1 Keyboarding (Spanish Language).
Conditions of Employment:
This will be a permanent or provisional appointment. Candidates should be aware that a preferred list, transfer list, placement roster and/or reemployment roster of laid off State employees may be certified against this vacancy by the Department of Civil Service.
Duties Description The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences – Dean’s Office at the State University of New York at Oswego invites applications to fill a full time Office Assistant 2 (Keyboarding) position, Grade 09.
Posting Date: May 18, 2018
Review Date: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary: $ 36,051/year. Commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition, the State University of New York provides an excellent benefit package. For more information on benefits for full-time CSEA professional, visit: http://www.suny.edu/benefits/
Date of Appointment: As soon as possible.
Description of Responsibilities:
Front line contact person for all students, parents, faculty/staff, and administrators:
• Answer questions
• Redirect to alternate office if needed
• Assist students with a variety of forms needing associate dean’s signature
• Disseminate a wide variety of information from administrators, campus announcements, request, etc.
Answer calls on CLAS main office number:
• Answer inquiries and redirect if they need an alternate office on campus
• Make appointments as needed for 3 dean/associate deans
• Open, stamp, and distribute all mail accordingly
• Breakdown entire CLAS grade distribution report by departments and then send electronically to all chairs/secretaries
• Scanning and copying files: sending completed applications on to other offices or for dean’s office files
• Stamp in all incoming applications received electronically from Registrar’s Office.
• Send out an acknowledgement letter to applicant detailing instructions on the re-admit process
• Start a file on applicant and log them into appropriate spreadsheets (Registrar, Res. Life, AP)
• Handle all incoming materials for applicants and keep their files up to date
• Hand off completed filed to appeals committee for review
• Process all decision letters and send out electronically
• Update spreadsheets with decisions
Process CURRENT student DQ appeals:
• Start a file for each student who submits an appeal and hand off to appeals committee for review
• Process all decision letters and send out electronically
• Update spreadsheets with decisions and share with appropriate office/department
Faculty and/or student travel:
• Review all travel reimbursement paperwork associated with the dean’s accounts
• Return to sender if paperwork is incorrect
• Sign for dean and log into appropriate budget spreadsheet
• Keep a copy for files and send the original to the travel office
Maintain office files (paper and electronic):
• File all current paperwork and purge old files annually
• Update CLAS list serves and/or YAMM. This involved gathering department contact information from each department secretary for current faculty members for each semester to keep these data bases up to date.
• Update CLAS calendars with all due dates for department to adhere to along with dates of other important events connected to CLAS
• Set up monthly one-on-one chair meetings with the dean
• Set up a time once per semester for dean to go to each department’s monthly/bi-weekly meeting
• Make appointments for dean and associate deans for multiple reasons including but not limited to: AP advising, grade change appeals, plagiarism, faculty and/or student concerns etc.
Event Planning: (Self-Studies, I Am Oz Series, Science Today talks, guest speakers, etc.)
• Catering reservations
• Room reservations
• Extend invitations and track RSVP’s
• Putting together handouts
• Making name badges and/or table top tents
• Ordering any supplies needed
• Travel reimbursements
• Honorarium payments
• Update the CLAS website and Digital Signage as needed
• Order office supplies
Additional Comments Founded in 1861, SUNY Oswego is a public comprehensive college located in Central New York on the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, 45 minutes from Syracuse. Named one of "Top Up-and-Coming Schools" in U.S. News “America’s Best Colleges” in 2010, a Kiplinger's “Best College Value” for 2015, and a "Best Northeastern College" by Princeton Review every year since the first edition in 2003, Oswego offers its 8000 undergraduate and graduate students preeminent academic programs in the arts and sciences, business, communications, and teacher education. The College’s success is built on providing students outstanding educational experiences with attention to a liberal arts and sciences foundation, practical applications, interdisciplinary approaches, independent scholarly and creative work, and skills for living in multicultural and global communities. The emphasis on faculty-mentored student research and creative projects is evidenced by Quest, a daylong symposium spotlighting original student research; a stipend program for students engaged in research and creative work; and the Global Laboratory, a STEM-based research abroad program at top-ranked universities around the world. SUNY Oswego is an unusually collegial and vibrant community and is in a time of wonderful opportunities with extensive facilities construction and renovation, a forward-looking strategic plan, and expanded outreach to regional, national, and international communities.
Additional information about SUNY Oswego can be found at www.oswego.edu.
Oswego is committed to enhancing its diversity. SUNY Oswego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is actively engaged in recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. We encourage applications from qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim SUNY status, or criminal conviction. Please click here to see our full non-discrimination policy.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to work in the United States per the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
Requests for reasonable accommodations of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Human Resources Office by calling 315-312-2230 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Campus Safety information, please see the Annual Security and Fire Report (Clery) on the Human Resources Website:
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.