Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
284 Main Street
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree or higher and three years of progressively responsible management experience in one of more of the following areas:
Industry/manufacturing program management experience that includes the development and implementation of multi-stakeholder collaborative projects; OR Business/relationship development experience involving interaction with clients and/or facilitation of collaborative partnerships; OR Human Resources management experience with an emphasis on analysis of workforce skills and assessment in order to meet current and future workforce needs and/or the development and implementation of employee training programs in order to meet the workforce needs.
A Master’s degree may be substituted for up to one year of management experience.
• A Master’s degree in business administration, industrial/organizational psychology, or other relevant Master’s degree program
• Strong interpersonal and networking skills with the ability to identify, create and develop relationships with key stakeholders
• Experience in manufacturing industry
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with experience in developing and delivering PowerPoint presentations
• Knowledge of workforce development and planning
• Highly organized, proven analytical skills and track record in creative problem solving
• The ability to work independently and to plan, prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment, especially under tight deadlines
• Technology savvy with superb skills in using various computer applications to deliver PowerPoint presentations, prepare charts, graphs and visual reports, etc.
Duties Description STANDARD DUTIES:
The Department of Labor seeks an innovator with management experience in industry/manufacturing, business/relationship development or human resources management skills to lead a new initiative to strengthen economic growth specifically in the area of training and skills development in New York State’s Western Region. Under the direction of the Deputy Commissioner or designee, the Workforce Training Partnership Development Coordinator will be responsible for working with business, industry and educational institutions to create and maintain a partnership to align the educational and workforce systems with employers needs and build a foundation strengthening economic development and growth in the Western Region. Duties include but are not limited to: using management skills to work in partnership with employers to identify training and education needs and programs that build skills in demand by employers and coordinating with educational institutions to develop programs that meet those needs; identifying public and private funding streams that align the education and training systems with career pathways in critical emerging and expanding industries; developing a work plan that includes timelines and goals and measuring results/outcomes of their efforts and preparing various reports for senior level management.
Additional Comments Position Specific job duties may include occasional altered work schedule or job assignments which require availability and willingness to work occasional evening and/or out-stationed assignments.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Harriman State Campus, Building 12, Room 561
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested applicants must submit a resume, cover letter and copy of your degree or transcripts in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title, location and vacancy ID #53898 you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. Failure to do so may result in the delay of processing your application. In order to qualify you for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by the NYSDOL Personnel Bureau for your social security number to confirm your employment history.