Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must be a US Citizen or foreign national eligible to work in the United States
• Must be 18 Years of age or older
• Must be currently attending a New York State College, university or graduate program, or be a resident of New York State attending college, university or graduate program outside of New York State
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) provides high-quality, person-centered services, supports and advocacy to individuals with developmental disabilities in New York State. Our guiding principle in our interactions with the people we serve and each other is “Putting People First,” and is exemplified with values of compassion, dignity, diversity, excellence and honesty.
The Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) Division of Administration is seeking an Interior Design Student Assistant to work with the Facilities Planner to assist in the development of specifications for the purchase of furniture, finishes and equipment (FF&E) for the current campus closure and consolidation projects; complying with code requirements; and providing consultative services. The Student Assistant will play an integral role in assisting OPWDD to determine how best to the agencies program needs to accomplish its transformational commitments to the federal government within existing space in the Capital Region and throughout the State, which is a major operational challenge currently confronting the agency.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyzing new minor construction, renovations and improvements needed to meet the mission and environmental requirements of OPWDD facilities
• Able to apply interior design principles and methodologies to the interior design offices that encompasses building structure, electrical, telecommunications, equipment, materials, systems and furnishings
• Assist with special and routine projects
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue