Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must be currently attending a New York State College, university or graduate program, or be a resident of New York State attending college, university or graduate program outside of New York State
• Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in a related field (eg., Planning, Information Technology, Geography, Engineering, Transportation, etc.)
• Working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, word processing
• Must be a US Citizen or foreign national eligible to work in the United States
• Must be 18 Years of age or older
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) provides high-quality, person-centered services, supports and advocacy to individuals with developmental disabilities in New York State. Our guiding principle in our interactions with the people we serve and each other is “Putting People First,” and is exemplified with values of compassion, dignity, diversity, excellence and honesty.
The Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) Division of Administration is seeking a Student Assistant to provide an opportunity to learn about the management and operation of geographic information systems (GIS) in a real-world environment and as it relates to a New York State agency.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Data creation, maintenance, manipulation and spatial analysis
• Geo-referencing acquisition maps and surveys to establish boundaries of property ownership
• Create new GIS datasets based upon existing standards
• Edit existing Shapefiles, Geodatabases, & relational databases
• Acquire, download, correct and integrate hardcopy and electronic maps into GIS datasets
• Read and interpret land use documents, legal descriptions, deeds, construction drawings, aerial photography, plats, maps and as-built drawings
• Utilize and compare datasets from multiple sources and geospatial programs
• Use of ESRI ArcGIS and Blue Marble Geographics Global Mapper software
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue