Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
4279 Route 22
Minimum Qualifications Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the following promotion or open competitive qualifications may be qualified for a provisional appointment:
? Candidates must have one year of permanent service as a Psychologist 1 or as a Psychologist 1 (Spanish Language);
? Candidates must have a master of psychology degree from a regionally accredited college or university psychology degree program which prepares graduates for clinical positions in the field of psychology in a clinical, forensic, community mental health, or school setting. Qualifying degree programs must have included coursework in psychological and behavioral assessment, and treatment modalities for psychological and behavioral disorders; AND you must also have three years of supervised post master's degree experience in a clinical, forensic, community mental health, or school setting, where your primary duties were providing psychological services as described below.*
*Qualifying experience for Psychologist 2 must primarily include direct experience with individuals, families, or groups in a hospital, psychiatric hospital, psychiatric clinic, community mental health clinic, correctional facility, intermediate care facility, institutional or school setting, or community based residential and/or day program, under the supervision of a doctoral level psychologist, licensed psychologist, licensed physician, licensed psychiatrist, psychiatric nurse practitioner, or licensed clinical social worker (Or in the case of school psychologists with permanent certification from the New York State Education Department, working under the supervision of a school principal or similar administrator).
Primary duties must have included activities such as administering assessments and tests for diagnostic psychological evaluations or completing functional behavior assessments; developing behavior support plans or writing psychological treatment plans; and/or providing psychological counseling and treatment in one or more of the following areas: mental and/or emotional disorders, cognitive disorders, behavioral disorders, intellectual disabilities, developmental disabilities, alcoholism, addictions, substance abuse disorders, sex offender assessment and treatment, or forensic mental health.
Non-qualifying experience include but are not limited to, experience in experimental psychology, research psychology, industrial psychology, organizational psychology, health psychology, utilization review, guidance counseling, pastoral counseling, or as a habilitation specialist, or instructor of psychology.
Qualifying degree programs/majors include, but are not limited to the following: clinical psychology, clinical forensic psychology, community psychology, counseling psychology, school psychology, and child psychology.
Non-qualifying master’s and doctoral degrees include, but are not limited to the following: education, counseling, clinical counseling, clinical hypnosis, community counseling, educational counseling, forensic counseling, guidance counseling, human relations, marriage and family counseling, professional counseling, rehabilitative counseling, school counseling, student and personnel services, mental health counseling, psychological counseling, pastoral psychology, transpersonal psychology, neuroscience, experimental psychology, industrial psychology, and organizational psychology.
o A doctoral degree in a clinical field of psychology and one year of qualifying experience may be substituted for both the education and experience requirements above.
o A clinical psychology practicum, externship, or fieldwork assignment, that was completed as part of a qualifying master of psychology degree program, may be substituted for one year of the required experience.**
o A certificate of advanced study in a clinical field of psychology or school psychology may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
? ** A practicum, externship, or clinical fieldwork assignment is defined as a direct clinical experience providing psychological services in a hospital, psychiatric hospital, psychiatric clinic, community mental health clinic, correctional facility, intermediate care facility, institutional or school setting, or community based residential and/or day program; and must have been a component of a qualifying master of psychology degree program listed on the official transcript.
Note: If you are appointed provisionally, you must take the next scheduled Civil Service examination for this title and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained.
Duties Description As the Psychologist II with the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD), responsibilities
will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for between 10 and 20 ICF individuals’ Behavior Support Plans and Behavior Objective Plans, including presentation to the BRC
• Annual Psychological Assessments
• Obtaining consents for behavioral medications and/or behavioral restriction at least annually
• Provide individual and group therapy as prescribed in their individual plans of care and as needed for behavioral crises
• Prepare and submit psychiatric consults for 16 individuals and attend psychiatric consults with the individuals
• Complete quarterly psychological/behavioral report and present at quarterly meeting
• Complete and present quarterly psychological/behavioral report and present at quarterly meeting for ICF individuals
• Complete updates to Risk Management Assessments and Plans as needed, reviewed at least annually
• Attend court with individuals and provide supportive counsel
• Assist individuals during the ICF Transformation Process and the Supported Employment Initiative by providing additional counseling and support as needed by those individuals
• Prepare quarterly Psychiatric drug review report and forward to Fireman’s Way
• Participate in IRC Committee as scheduled
• Obtain side effect screening for psychotropic medication from psychiatrist every six months
• Complete a variety of assessments as needed: Dementia screening, IQ, Adaptive Functioning, and determination of capacity to co consent to sexual activity, determining capacity to sign consent for their own treatment, determining diminution of quality of life
Participation in the Administrator on Call (AOC) system is required. Travel is required within the five-county catchment area. Occasional evening/weekend hours to attend meetings may be required.
Additional Comments You must have a valid driver’s license to apply as travel is involved in performance of the duties of this position.
This may include a state-owned vehicle, as available, or the employee’s own car. An employee who uses his/her own
car will be reimbursed at current negotiated rates.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSELECTION CRITERIA:
• When applying, please furnish a current daytime telephone number.
• Management reserves the right to determine the number of qualified candidates to be interviewed.
• At the time of offer, you must be ready to accept or decline the position.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and a current
resume to the Taconic DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service
certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also be sure to include the vacancy number on this
announcement on your resume.
Taconic DDSO – Human Resources
25 Center Circle
Wassaic, New York 12592
Phone: 845-877-6821 ext. 3367
Please note: Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by
closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation
in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER