Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Open to NYS employees with one year of permanent competitive service as a Senior Administrative Assistant, G-23 OR in a position at the G-21 level or above deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two grades.
Note: If you are on the examination eligible list for the position title in this location, you do not need to respond to this posting unless you are also eligible for appointment by one of the qualifications listed above. Candidates must be reachable on the current eligible list for this title in order to be list appointed.
Ability to communicate professionally and effectively by email, phone and in person.
Duties Description Under the direction of Assistant Director of Information Technology Services G31 within ITS Business Services/Portfolio Business Office, the incumbent will serve as one of the Portfolio Business Office leads. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and update the annual budgets allocated to portfolio agencies including expenditures made during the fiscal year for maintenance costs, hardware and software;
• Consult with the Portfolio Executive Director(s) and senior leadership and solicit recommendations for inclusion in the budget;
• Develop spending plan for portfolio technology purchasing;
• Identify opportunities for consolidation and savings where feasible;
• Develop capital requests for IT funding;
• Monitor expenditures against budget categories and funding sources, and work with Portfolio(s) to make sure appropriate funds are available when needed to pay expenses;
• Develop reports based on budgetary and spending information as required by the Portfolio Executive Director(s), senior management, DOB, and others;
• Serve as the liaison between program areas and the Portfolio Executive Director; make recommendations as needed;
• Follow all applicable NYS financial and procurement laws, regulations and policies;
• Coordinate purchasing activities for the assigned portfolio(s):
• Prepare documentation related to planned procurements. Ensure all appropriate information is correct;
• Develop B1184s for approval through DOB;
• Liaison with vendors, development of contracts, receive quotes and evaluate. Submit quotes for review and approval;
• Enter purchase orders and contracts into financial management systems;
• Identify and coordinate IT purchasing needs with assigned portfolio(s);
• Maintain and monitor use of purchasing cards;
• Liaises with central ITS, OGS, DOB and OSC as necessary to assures processing of procurement requests;
• Prepare reports and materials;
• Analyze and document PBO workflows and procedures;
• Participate on teams or workgroups;
• Cross train with other PBO staff for continuity of service and workload balance;
• Perform full range of supervisory duties.
Additional Comments Some positions may require fingerprinting.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, P.O. Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a resume and cover letter attention Jeff Memole and indicate that you are applying for Senior Administrative Assistant, Ref# 60376. Please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Your Social Security number may be required in order to confirm your eligibility.