Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Five or more years of experience in CICS/TS configuration and administration in a multi-LPAR environment, including three or more years of experience with reading CICS/TS system and transaction dumps using the Interactive Problem Control System (IPCS) and planning and execution of CICS upgrades and migrations.
The following degrees, preferably in Computer Science, may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
• Associate’s degree and four years of experience
• Associate’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and three years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and two years of experience
• Master’s degree in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional year of experience
• Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional 2 years of experience
• Experience with the following IBM mainframe functions: z/OS, Job Control Language (JCL), CICS/TS, CICS Intertest, COBOL, Assembler, CList, ISPF/TSO, MQueue, CA-EASYTRIEVE, SMP/E, SNA, VTAM, LU62, VSAM, OMEGAMON, CICS Explorer, CICS Web Services, CICSPlex, WLM and Batch Processing.
• Able to work alone as well as in a team environment.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Able to multi-task/shift tasks efficiently.
• Possess good written and oral communication skills.
• Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships as all levels within the assigned unit and across organizational boundaries
Duties Description Under the direction of the Information Technology Specialist 4 (Systems Programming) within the Chief Operations Office/Data Center Hosting/IBM Mainframe Support (DCH IBMMF) Section, the Project Assistant will support multiple IBM Mainframe z/OS based Customer Information Control System/Transaction Server (CICS/TS) online transaction processing systems used by ITS and their clients in production, test and Disaster Recovery environments.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Determine and provide the most technically efficient approach to file design and on-line processing and communication, including CICS/TS Region Consolidation/re-design, managing Multi Region Operation (MRO) definitions between regions, CICSPLEX design and function, and Terminal and Session maintenance with support for Autoinstall Exits.
• Write and test procedures, parameters and other specifications required to implement code changes.
• Assist in analyzing the impact of implementing new or modified systems on computer resources and other agency programs with an emphasis on Local Shared Resource (LSR) Pool tuning, as well as controlling thru-put by managing Transaction Classes (TranClasses), Maximum Tasks (MaxTasks) and through Resource limiting.
• Work with System Performance Management to set Workload Manager (WLM) definitions to assign appropriate dispatch priorities for CICS/TS address spaces and transactions.
• Conduct analysis to determine impact of requested or mandated change and provide estimates of time and resources needed to accomplish change with a solid understanding of the relationship of systems parameters and their meaning, relationships of multiple regions, including the development of timelines and personal time management.
• Ensure programs include security requirements and adequate access controls through use of IBM mainframe security resources such as Resource Access Control Facility (RACF), CA - Access Control Facility (CA-ACF2) and Authorized Program Facility (APF) Authorization.
• Develop various test scenarios and system test plans and coordinate with agencies based upon their approval of the change, verifying that all levels of testing (e.g., unit, systems, user, and operations) have been performed and results are satisfactory.
• Conduct and participate in systems maintenance activities, including making emergency corrections caused by systems failure, operation errors, or changes in the IT environment, as well as customizing and maintaining Assembler and/or COBOL Exits to tailor functionality of software.
• Gather, organize, and perform preliminary analysis of design and implementation of proposed systems including the gathering of performance data during Proof of Concept implementations, tuning existing systems with the intention of reducing resources/costs and anticipating spikes in systems resources and responding accordingly.
• Use, develop and maintain detailed technical procedures used by ITS in support of online transactions processing operating environments.
• Develop and maintain a high level of expertise and understanding in the use and technical support of multiple Customer Information Control System/Transaction Server (CICS/TS) environments and services.
• Perform and assist in the technical support of the installation, configuration, problem determination/resolution, monitoring, and documentation of operating systems, transaction servers, ancillary components, and development and enforcement of standards for the CICS operating environment.
• Act as liaison within ITS to its client agencies in the development, documentation, adherence, and communication of ITS standards in the use of supported environments.
• Complete assigned ITSM changes, service requests, incidents, problem tickets and tasks.
• Keep abreast of new technologies and innovations in the IBM mainframe environment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, PO Box 2062