Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field plus three years experience in public accounting or internal auditing. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered for candidates with a valid audit certification such as CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or CIA (Certified Internal Auditor). Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Bachelor or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field plus three years experience in public accounting or internal auditing, including construction auditing experience. Has obtained or is working towards audit certification such as a CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or CIA (Certified Internal Auditor). Public accounting firm experience. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Working knowledge of internal auditing procedures and professional auditing standards.
• Familiarity with the construction industry.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated analytical, innovative and critical thinking skills.
• Understanding of data mining and analysis.
• Solid listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic.
• Strong interpersonal skills; good customer relations.
• Ability to identify sensitive issues and facilitate communications in a proactive manner to avoid surprises.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
• Demonstrated judgment and discretion in matters of confidentiality.
• Working knowledge of Standards for Internal Control in New York State Government.
• Proficiency in PC applications such as Outlook, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and Project.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
The Internal Auditor assists Management in performing independent and objective internal audits and analysis of DASNY operations and construction projects to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Schedule, plan and conduct internal audits including field audits of construction projects and operational, compliance and financial audits.
• Ensure audits are conducted in accordance with all applicable department and professional standards.
• Develop audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
• Review and evaluate the adequacy of accounting, financial, reporting and other operating controls.
• Verify policies and procedures are being interpreted and applied properly and carried out as intended by management.
• Evaluate and appraise operations for compliance with established procedures for effectiveness and efficiency.
• Obtain and review evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented at the conclusion of each audit assignment.
• Ensure audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk.
• Prepare written reports identifying results at the conclusion of each audit assignment.
• Assist with special projects and initiatives as requested by Management.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Undertake special assignments as directed.
• Evaluate risk exposures relating to DASNY’s business goals and objectives.
• Must maintain regular attendance in accordance with DASNY attendance and leave policies.
• Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Information Technology Services. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
Additional Comments Supervision
Requires travel (may be frequent), using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle or personal vehicle. This travel may include overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. Requires exposure to weather and temperature extremes, loud noises, heights (climbing ladders, scaffolding, etc.) and other work-safety hazards (chemicals, fumes, etc.) of a construction site. Must be available to occasionally work a modified work schedule or extended workday hours.
May be standard office environment or a construction site. Requires the use of one or more of the following: PC, telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, scanner, electronic stapler/hole punch/date stamp, shredder.
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.