Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree AND five years of information technology experience, including three years of information security or information assurance experience. Appropriate information security or information assurance experience may substitute for the bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basis; an associate’s degree requires an additional two years of information technology, information security, or information assurance experience. Experience solely in information security or information assurance may substitute for the general information technology experience. At the time of appointment, the incumbent must be a Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP), and will be expected to maintain certification.
Duties Description The New York State Board of Elections is seeking candidates for the position of Manager Information Services. Under the direction of the Chief Information Officer, the incumbent will ensure that information security policies and procedures are established and implemented to protect the information assets with regard to the New York State Board of Elections (SBOE) and County Boards (CBOE), including oversight of the newly formed Election Support Center and CBOE security-based initiatives. The incumbent will participate in the creation and review of policies, procedures and programs that ensure compliance with all federal and State laws and industry best practices, recommend security strategies, and maintain current information security systems. The incumbent will ensure that procedures are in place to prevent, detect, contain, and recover from information security breaches and from natural or man-made disasters. The incumbent will also establish application security guidelines with an emphasis on compliance with State and federal information security standards and policy.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Direct and coordinate the activities of the Elections Support Center
• Establish and continuously strengthen executive-level partnerships with State, federal, and local agencies, as well as private-sector entities, regarding cyber security.
• Lead, manage, collaborate with County Boards of Elections, and further develop the Board’s information security program, including governance, compliance, education, and training, and risk management;
• Develop policies, procedures and programs that ensure compliance with all federal and State laws and industry best practices, and inform and educate the SBOE and CBOE leadership and workforce;
• Evaluate risks that might affect election information assets and recommend improvements;
• Function as an internal consulting resource on information security issues;
• Lead, manage, and further develop information security program technology assets, policies, practices and processes to proactively protect, shield, and defend the Board’s election information assets from cyber threats and intrusions;
• Prevent the occurrence and recurrence of cybersecurity incidents by proactively monitoring operations to detect adversaries and suspicious and unauthorized events, and report, contain and mitigate incidents as expeditiously as possible;
• Lead, manage, and further develop the Board’s cybersecurity response policies, practices and processes to minimize impact and ensure compliance with all statutory requirements, regulations and policies.
• Lead, manage and further develop the Board’s disaster recovery and business continuity policies, practices, and processes to ensure that business-critical information assets are recovered in the event of a disaster; and
• Direct and oversee outreach activities including presentations/conferences, information-sharing activities, trainings and exercises, briefings, reports, and meetings.
• Perform the full scope of managerial responsibilities as required.
• The following skills and abilities will be beneficial to successful performance of the job:
• Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and evaluate technology risk as well as measure the risk quantitatively and qualitatively;
• In-depth analyses skills resulting in detailed written reports including recommended courses of action, and excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Demonstrated experience creating a comprehensive security compliance plan based on national security standards;
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a part of a team to deliver quality, on-time work product;
• Demonstrated ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience;
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Demonstrated understanding of various regulatory and compliance mandates, as well as security standards; and
• Demonstrated experience developing or reviewing contracts and related procurement documents for compliance with information security policies and statutory requirements.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply, please send resume and cover letter no later than July 6, 2018. Be sure to indicate the title and posting number for which you are applying. New York State is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)