Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Provisional Pending Examination:
A Bachelor’s Degree with a major in foods and nutrition, food service, or institutional management AND four years of satisfactory experience as a nutritionist or dietitian in an institutional or community services setting AND either a.) status as a registered dietitian (with R.D. number issued by the Committee on Dietetic Registry of the American Dietetic Association), or b.) completion of an approved dietetic internship or its equivalent (successful candidates who qualified on this basis will be required to obtain status as a Registered Dietitian Section 2a within one year of appointment of the appointment will be rescinded).
Substitution: A Master’s Degree in nutrition may be substituted for one year of the required experience. Part-time and/or verifiable volunteer experience will be prorated.
Duties Description Under the supervision of an Aging Services Program Coordinator (ASPC2), the Aging Services Nutrition Consultant 1 (ASNC1) will assist the New York State Office for the Aging (NYSOFA) in the administration of a statewide SNAP-Ed program designed to promote nutrition education and obesity prevention interventions among low-income older adults. SNAP-Ed nutrition education is operated on the local level by area agencies on aging (AAA), such as a county office for the aging. The ASNC1 will work collaboratively with internal and external staff and other stakeholders and will have frequent verbal and written communication with these individuals. Specific duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Oversee and coordinate activities to ensure program objectives are met and are in compliance with requirements.
• Develop and deliver training to partners, provide technical assistance, develop templates/documents, compile data, write reports.
• Monitor on-site implementation of activities.
• Oversee, monitor, and provide technical assistance and guidance to AAAs in the development and operation of SNAP-Ed nutrition education.
• Review data reports submitted by program partners in order to provide technical assistance when necessary.
• Work as part of a team with internal and external staff, including outside stakeholders.
Note: This position requires 25% travel, including some overnight.
This is a Grant supported position and will be based on available funding.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.