Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must be currently attending a New York State College, university or graduate program, or be a resident of New York State attending college, university or graduate program outside of New York State
• Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in a related field (eg., Architecture, Engineering, Information Technology etc.)
• Must be a US Citizen or foreign national eligible to work in the United States
• Must be 18 Years of age or older
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) provides high-quality, person-centered services, supports and advocacy to individuals with developmental disabilities in New York State. Our guiding principle in our interactions with the people we serve and each other is “Putting People First,” and is exemplified with values of compassion, dignity, diversity, excellence and honesty.
The Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) Division of Administration is seeking a Student Assistant to assist all engineering staff and the Director of Capital Services with daily tasks consisting of computer organization of technical information.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review and oversight of various construction projects and building code related issues
• Populate software data base system with technical information related to building infrastructure
• Organizing technical documents
• Filing, emailing, and calling of relevant colleagues related to the engineering tasks of OPWDD/Capital Services
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue