Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Four (4) years of progressively responsible office experience or general business or other related Experience. College or business school studies/training may be substituted in whole/part.
Duties Description This position is for employment with the New York State Board of Elections. As a member of the Public Information Office, the selected candidate will lead the intake and processing of all Secure Election Center inquiries from County Boards, County information technology departments and vendors. The Elections Security Clerk will handle routine questions, coordination, monitoring and the logging of activity relative to the Secure Elections Center.
The Public Information Office is responsible for the implementation of agency-based voter registration, providing oversight of the State’s voter registration list maintenance protocols, and ensuring compliance with federal Help America Vote Act grant fund requirements.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
As a member of the Public Information Office the duties and responsibilities of the Elections Security Clerk, are as follows:
• Manage the Secure Elections Center help desk function for access by County Board personnel, election system vendors and County information technology staff requiring technical assistance.
• Handle routine questions, coordination, monitoring and logging of activity relative to the Secure Elections Center.
• Manage, prioritize and track the intake of calls received by the Secure Elections Center. Triage and ticket calls accordingly.
• Escalate calls pursuant to the Secure Elections Center incidence handling processes;
• Assist with the preparation and posting of all public information posted on the NYSBOE Website.
• Assist to ensure all documents are accessible and screen-readable prior to posting on the website.
• Assist to ensure all documents meet State accessibility criteria prior to posting on the website.
• Assist to review legacy website information to ensure accessibility standards are met.
• Assist to review and manage candidate website postings.
• Assist to post website content as instructed by the Director and Deputy Director of PIO.
• Assist with NYSBOE social media accounts as directed by the Director and Deputy Director of PIO.
• Provide administrative support for the Public Information Office.
• Assist in the copying and filing of various documents in the appropriate location and maintenance of such filing system.
• Assist with NVRA input and mail with additional assistance as time permits.
• Assist the Public Information Office with additional assistance as time permits.
This position requires the ability to handle sensitive matters in a confidential manner. It also requires proficiency at Word, Excel, Acrobat, Web Development and the routine use of email and a multi-line phone system.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply, please send resume and cover letter no later than July 6, 2018. Be sure to indicate the title and posting number for which you are applying. New York State is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)