Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Four (4) years of progressively responsible office experience or general business or other related Experience. College or business school studies/training may be substituted in whole/part.
Duties Description This position is for employment with the New York State Board of Elections. As a member of the of the Secure Elections Center, the selected candidate will manage the Board’s website, social media accounts and ensure the accessibility of documents on the Board’s public website.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Monitor the NYSBOE website to ensure it is properly updated and functioning.
• Manage, under the supervision of the Board’s Public Information Office, the preparation and posting of all public information posted on the NYSBOE Website.
• Ensure all documents are accessible and screen-readable prior to posting on the website.
• Ensure all documents meet State accessibility criteria prior to posting on the website.
• Manage legacy website information to ensure accessibility standards are met.
• Review and manage candidate website postings.
• Post website content as instructed by the Director and Deputy Director of PIO.
• Monitor NYSBOE social media accounts as instructed by the Director and Deputy Director of PIO.
• Assist with the Secure Elections Center help desk intake and processing function.
• Provide administrative support for the Public Information Office.
• Assist in the copying and filing of various documents in the appropriate location and maintenance of such filing system.
• Assist with NVRA input and mail with additional assistance as time permits.
• Assist the Public Information Office with additional assistance as time permits.
This position requires the ability to handle sensitive matters in a confidential manner. It also requires proficiency at Word, Excel, Acrobat, Web Development and the routine use of email and a multi-line phone system.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply, please send resume and cover letter no later than July 6, 2018. Be sure to indicate the title and posting number for which you are applying. New York State is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)