Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have one year of experience in a position performing duties normally performed by a Child Care Aide 1. Candidates must be able to read, write and speak English, follow written and spoken instructions, be in good health and good physical condition
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Special consideration will be given to applicants who have experience working with deaf students and/or the ability to communicate through ASL/Sign Language.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s School for the Deaf is seeking applicants to fill a temporary Child Care Aide 2 position for the 2018 summer session. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervise the Child Care Aide 1s in the care and habilitation of students in the residential setting;
• Instruct staff as to specific tasks to be performed and provide appropriate written guidelines as necessary;
• Observe staff carrying out assignments to ensure that instructions and guidelines are being followed;
• Meet with subordinates and Head of Department to discuss observations, deficiencies, new techniques, administrative matters, or other circumstances that might affect the effective and efficient functioning of the residential unit;
• Train staff in appropriate response to emergency or crisis situations;
• Assist Child Care Aide 1s in supervising students when necessary;
• Support the on-duty nurse in the Health Services Unit;
• Respond to program and work-related questions, problems, complaints, and grievances;
• Maintain appropriate records of time, attendance, level of performance, specific deficiencies, training needs, and counseling sessions; and
• Assist in staff scheduling to ensure that adequate coverage is implemented at all times.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Fingerprinting through the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Criminal Justice Services, a background check with the Office of Children and Family Services and clearance from the Justice Center Staff Exclusion List is required for employment. Fees associated with this process are at the applicant’s expense. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
The salary above applies to candidates appointed to Child Care Aide 2, SG-12. The salary for current NYS employees will be based on the candidate’s salary at the time of hire. Verification of work experience will be required for all candidates at the time of interview. This will be a temporary, non-competitive appointment from July 9, 2018 to August 17, 2018. Filling of this position is contingent upon Division of the Budget approval.
Employees of the NYS School for the Deaf who are currently in a Child Care Aide 1 position and are interested in this position MUST apply to the position as outlined in the Application section of this flyer.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by June 20, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (RDC-227/00702) of the position in all correspondence and in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by June 20, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (RDC-227/00702) of the position in all correspondence and in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.