Office of Information Technology Services
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Information Technology Specialist 3 (Database).
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title.
Section 52.6 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-21 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Chief Computer Operator, Information Technology Specialist 3, Information Technology Specialist 3 (Data Communications), or Information Technology Specialist 3 (Systems Programming).
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) is seeking applicants for an Information Technology Specialist 3 (Database) position. The incumbent will support NYSED’s enterprise-class infrastructure which hosts strategic applications and systems, will perform advanced technical work for Department initiatives, and will perform routine maintenance of NYSED’s infrastructure. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Install, test, and maintain MYSQL and MSSQL environments;
• Architect and build systems utilizing a wide array of modern technologies to meet Department needs, including but not limited to cloud technologies (Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service), data replication technologies, and onsite platforms;
• Perform patching, system maintenance, system tuning, performance analysis, and capacity planning for servers, virtual server environments, storage infrastructure, and backup infrastructure;
• Perform advanced troubleshooting and problem correction;
• Monitor and maintain systems to ensure maximum availability, security, and reliability;
• Research, evaluate, and implement options that will improve system performance; and
• Apply appropriate agency-defined information security policies.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of work experience will be required at the time of interview for all candidates applying for appointment from the eligible list. This position requires occasional off-shift night and weekend work.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $92,693 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by June 27, 2018 to email@example.com (Email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-319/51775) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by June 27, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (Email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-319/51775) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.