Office of Information Technology Services
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title.
Section 52.6 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-25 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) is seeking applicants for a Manager, Information Technology Services 1 (Technical) position. The incumbent will lead NYSED’s Information Technology Services’ (ITS) Technical Integration Solutions unit to ensure seamless communications among multiple systems which are critical to serve the information exchange needs of various NYSED program areas. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Lead the planning, directing and coordination of technical activities related to the implementation of enterprise integration services that allow sharing of processes and data among different NYSED systems;
• Manage operations and information resource management related to integration services that ensure the connection of disparate systems and leverage collaboration across NYSED IT solutions to improve overall efficiency, scalability and flexibility;
• Work closely with NYSED ITS Director of Business Solutions, Director of Technical Services and various technical teams to analyze, design and deliver solutions using modern Service-Oriented Architecture;
• Lead the implementation of middleware solutions, Application Programming Interfaces, connectors and various integration components that allow connections and integrations among multiple systems, services, and platforms including Java applications and cloud-based Software as a Service solutions;
• Manage the delivery of Java based RESTful Web Services using Spring framework;
• Conduct technical analysis and architecture reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of proposed solutions, recommend technical decisions, and assist with the adoption of modern enterprise architecture frameworks and platforms;
• Manage the integrated system implementation life cycle including the selection of integration solution and platform, procurement, solution implementation, testing, production rollout, technical environment management, system maintenance, upgrades, and coordination of fixes and enhancements;
• Develop and maintain detailed technical plans based on requirements, and manage vendor deliveries and compliance with contracts for services;
• Keep abreast of new technologies and promote industry best practices related to multiple aspects of integration including data transformation, automation of process flows, loose coupling of applications, and communications-level integration including the use of Enterprise Service Bus;
• Coordinate issue-resolution and root cause analysis, and monitor systems to proactively prevent issues;
• Assist technical staff in problem solving as necessary;
• Develop procedures, standards and internal controls for integration services, and provide regular reports to management that describe status of technical initiatives; and
• Supervise and assign the work of technical integration specialists, monitor and review completed work, and serve as a mentor to subordinate staff.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of work experience will be required at the time of interview for all candidates applying for appointment from the eligible list. This position requires occasional off-shift night and weekend work.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $111,316 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by June 27, 2018 to email@example.com (Email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-323/01709) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by June 27, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (Email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-323/01709) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.