Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
On or before March 17, 2018, you must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office For People With Developmental Disabilities and have had three months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide Trainee, Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide 1, Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide 1 (Manual Communications) or a Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide 1 (Spanish Language).
• Ability to supervise other staff.
• Review of personal history file.
• Ability to ensure that programs are carried out and documented as written.
• Ability to remain emotionally neutral to assaults and attempted assaults.
• Ability to work closely within the treatment team.
• Strong verbal and writing communication skills.
• Ability to serve as a role model.
• Ability to act independently.
• Ability to accurately observe and document conditions relating to individual’s welfare and security.
• Reliability as evidenced by a review of time and accrual records.
• DOH adherence.
• Computer skills are required for ATF, E-mail, documentation and online training as assigned.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Care for and treat individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities in a secure unit.
• Supervise lower level Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aides assigned to the unit.
• Provide individuals with a secure and safe environment.
• Assist in the implementation of individuals’ habilitation plans.
• All other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.