Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
1.Transfer Eligibility Requirement: You must have a current permanent
appointment with a minimum of 1 year of service In a position or the same title or transferable title.
2. Reassignment Requirement: You must hold the same title at the University at Buffalo.
3. Reinstatement Requirement: You must be a former State employee to request reinstatement to the title that was held (or
• ALL APPLICANTS MUST MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS.ANY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THAT
DO NOT MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE
CONSIDERED UNQUALIFIED AND WILL BE DISCARDED.
A completed application is required to be considered for this position. If you have received a canvass letter, DO NOT APPLY to this position.You must apply to the web address provided on your canvass letter.
• Previous experience in central plant operations
• Strong understanding of building control systems and their role in the proper operation of equipment including central plant operations
• NYS DEC 7G Cooling Tower Certification
• Experience in central heating and cooling plants is essential. Must have a working knowledge of all equipment within the department in the proper operation, maintenance and repair.
• This position requires traveling within and between campuses. A valid license to operate a motor vehicle in NYS is preferred or the candidate should otherwise demonstrate their capacity to meet the transportation needs of the job.
• Successful candidates in this position must be able to effectively communicate with co-workers, supervisors and the campus community. This position may require you to work in a team so the candidate should have strong Interpersonal and teamwork skills. The candidate must possess and have proven positive customer service skills; must also possess good listening skills and be able to understand and follow written and/or oral instructions.
• Since the activities of other employees depend upon the availability of the employee in this position, reliable attendance is a factor that will be considered when filling this vacancy.
Duties Description Position Summary:
You will be responsible for the following in the Plant Utilities Engineer 2 position:
• Supervising Plant Utilities Engineer 1’s, Plant Utilities Assistants and others engaged in the operation, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of boilers, chillers, air handlers and other essential equipment that provide heat, hot water chilled water, ventilation, air-conditioning and electrical service in the most efficient, effective and safe way possible.
• Overseeing systems maintenance and repair of a full range, in size, type and pressure, of steam or hot water boilers. This will also include auxiliary heating system equipment outside of the power plant including:
-mechanical equipment rooms
-refrigeration and air condition equipment of various types
-chillers, pumps & air compressors
-temperature and humidity control systems
-pneumatic and electronic computerized control systems
-emergency equipment and generators
-HVAC fan systems
• Providing leadership at all times to all direct reports.
• Scheduling and assigning staff by providing clear and concise written and oral instructions.
The selected candidate must be willing and able to respond to after hour calls resulting from equipment and system failures that may arise at any time of day and any day of the week.
The University at Buffalo offers world class benefits that exceed salary alone, such as health, and retirement plans. To obtain more information regarding the University’s benefits that you would be eligible for please access the following link: http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/state/csea.html
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.