Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Reachable on current Civil Service list for this title, or one year of permanent, competitive class service as a Senior Internal Auditor, or one year of permanent, competitive class service in a title approved by the Department of Civil Service for transfer under Section 52.6 or 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. Appropriate titles include, but are not limited to: Senior Accountant, Senior Auditor, State Examiner Municipal Affairs, State Program Examiner 1, Tax Auditor 1.
Duties Description Incumbent will participate in process reviews designed to analyze and evaluate the design and operational effectiveness of internal controls, evaluate compliance with agency policies and procedures, and formulate recommendations for corrective actions.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Conduct walkthrough meetings and document business
• Perform analysis of processes to identify key risks and internal
• Develop and perform test plans of internal control design and
• Identify control deficiencies and recommend corrective actions;
• Maintain workpaper documentation;
• Prepare written reports to communicate review results to
• Develop and maintain relationships with internal customers.
• Working knowledge of COSO internal control framework and
internal control over financial reporting.
• Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking aptitude.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Effective time management across multiple priorities.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Technical skills in Microsoft Office, Visio.
• Experience in an insurance company a plus
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease include the position title and vacancy id number on your cover letter. Candidates should mail a resume and cover letter to 15 Computer Drive West, Albany, NY 12205 or fax to 518-437-1618. Resumes may also be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.