Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
200 West Dominick Street
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Current or previous permanent service as an Office Assistant 2 Keyboarding, or One year current or previous permanent in the Office Assistant 2 title series.
Persons qualifying in the Office Assistant 2 series titles or other titles need not have taken a written examination for OA 2 Keyboarding, however, passing a proficiency test in keyboarding skills is required. This test will be administered by the Human Resources Office.
You must be a qualified employee of New York State and have had three months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as follows:
As a Data Entry Machine Operator, Data Entry Machine Operator (Spanish Language), Keyboard Specialist 1, Keyboard Specialist 1 (Chinese Language), Keyboard Specialist 1 (Spanish Language), Law Department Document Specialist Trainee 1 or Trainee 2, Office Assistant 1 (Keyboarding), Office Assistant 1 Keyboarding (Chinese Language), or Office Assistant 1 Keyboarding (Spanish Language).
QUALIFYING EXPERIENCE FOR APPOINTMENT FROM THE ELIGIBLE LIST: After one year of the service described in the Minimum Qualifications, successful candidates will be qualified for appointment from the eligible list.
The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
The ability to present ideas clearly and effectively in the preparation of correspondence and reports and in dealing with people on the phone and in person.
The ability to efficiently and effectively obtain and transmit information from various DDSO's and outside agency staff.
The ability to effectively follow up on correspondence and phone calls when needed in the absence of supervisor.
The ability to schedule meetings with proper notification & attend meetings for the purpose of recording minutes as needed.
Working knowledge of computers, Windows XP, Microsoft Word, Outlook network, Crystal Reports, and willingness to learn other computer programs.
The ability to readily adapt to new assignments, complex tasks and changing priorities.
Possess an acceptable attendance record and work record (e-file).
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This position will provide clerical and office support to professional staff assigned to the Integrated Program Services Unit.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Sort and distribute mail in a timely manner.
• Maintain Confidentiality.
• Willingness to learn new computer systems would be helpful.
• Exercise judgment and answer general questions related to the functioning of the residential team.
• Be willing to learn how to maintain office equipment and systems and telephone for servicing of these systems when required.
• Possess a working knowledge of the voice mail system including how to add staff to the system.
• Answer the telephones, screen calls, takes messages. Greet the public and employees in a courteous manner and provide answers and direction as appropriate.
• Knowledge of the TABS system. Input information as well as run TABS reports on a monthly basis and distribute to staff.
• Format meeting minutes
• Compose and type letters
• Upload documents into computer program
• Routinely work with spreadsheets
• Send reports out
• Organize and file
• Run CRYSTAL reports
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
101 West Liberty Street
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter and resume by 06/18/2018 and include EOA # 18-112 on all correspondence to: Central NY DDSO, Human Resources, 101 W. Liberty Street, Rome, NY 13440 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness: If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information regarding PSLF please visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.