Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Base: Middletown Office, 42 Rykowski Lane
Minimum Qualifications 1. Must currently be a permanent Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 1.
2. Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 1.
3. Eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable to Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 1 by the Department of Civil Service (Must also be within 2 salary grades of the targeted title).
NOTE: Provisional appointments will only be considered if there are insufficient in-Title and/or Civil Service List candidates.
Duties Description • Function as the Staffing Coordinator, 70% dedicated to perform these duties.
• Attending staff utilization meetings.
• Reviewing requests to fill staff vacancies within state operated homes.
• Tracking and reviewing overtime, staff movement, utilization of per diem staff, tracking administrative and medical leaves.
• Completing bi-weekly reports on overtime, staff fill levels within homes, staff ledgers and staffing rosters.
• Assist Team supervisors with overtime management and proper utilization of staff.
• Along with the Vacancy Management Coordinator 20% of the job will consist of screening individuals seeking placement within state operated homes and reviewing referral packets.
• Visiting homes to become familiar with current population and layout of homes.
• Matching individuals to vacancies within state operated homes.
• Sending referral packets to teams in all three counties.
• Gathering resultant screening reports and combining them into one report to be submitted to the DDRO.
• Tracking individuals movement within state operated homes.
• Attending vacancy management meetings for three counties.
• Working closely with Placement Unit.
• Tracking individuals admitted to hospitals and skilled nursing homes.
• Act as a back-up to the Vacancy Management Coordinator.
• The remaining 10% of the duties will consist of working on special projects for the Deputy Director and the DDPS4s.
• Act as liaison along with the Vacancy Management Coordinator for personnel and CSEA staffing issues and attend Personnel pre-hire orientation to give a presentation to potential hires outlining expectations and job description for DSA’s.
• Other duties as assigned
30% Travel Will Be Required to Orange/Rockland/Westchester Counties.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: HVDDSO Employees: Obtain form HV-PO 161 and submit by June 19, 2018, to:
Other OPWDD Employees: Submit cover letter and résumé by June 19, 2018, to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
PO Box 470 7 Wilbur Rd. Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6275, option 3, then option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and Hudson Valley DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.