Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Homeless Services Representative 1, Grade 18:
Eligible for lateral or 70.1 transfer by having one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in an appropriate title;
Homeless Services Representative Trainee 1, NS:
Eligible for a lateral transfer, or a 70.1 transfer, by having one year of permanent competitive service in an appropriate title.
NOTE: Candidates who are currently reachable on an appropriate eligible list for the Homeless Services Representative 1 or the PCO in Albany need not submit an application for this posting unless they are applying directly as a result of the transfer qualifications listed above.
Duties Description Duties of the position include, but will not be limited to, the following:
• Assist in the analysis of operational budgets;
• Provide technical budget assistance to shelter operators and local social services districts;
• Perform various tasks involving data collection and analysis;
• Examine and approve shelter operational plans;
• Review and approve applications and reapplications for shelter certification;
• Participate in the development of new and revised shelter regulations and homeless policies;
• Perform inspections of homeless shelters; assess the physical plant of shelters including health sanitation and safety standards; review programmatic requirements including, resident rights and services, admission/discharge policies, staffing, food service, child care, recreation, and record management;
• Review inspection reports of uncertified shelters submitted by local social services districts and conduct follow-up inspections, when required by regulations;
• Prepare written reports and findings regarding all inspections;
• Investigate complaints and conduct follow-up inspections, where warranted.
Additional Comments A full-time, permanent appointment will be made. Statewide travel may be required. If certified by Civil Service, mandatory reemployment list candidates must be considered first for appointment to this title.
Salary for Trainee 1 is $42,986.
***Candidates should reference posting #18-114 when submitting your application.*** If submitting electronically, please reference posting #18-114 as part of your subject line.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume. Include a current, Civil Service title and grade level and clearly state how you meet the minimum qualifications.
You may be required to provide acceptable proof of education, experience, credential and/or license to demonstrate that you meet the minimum qualifications for appointment to this position.
Applicants will be required to prove their eligibility for employment based upon acceptance of a position in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
If you are a retiree currently receiving benefits, indicate this and the name of the retirement system in your response.
In accordance with state law, Governor’s Executive Order No. 6 and Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, the NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance does not discriminate against disabled individuals. If you are disabled and require reasonable accommodation at the time of the interview, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity Development in Albany at (518) 473-8555 or in New York City at (212) 961-8216.