Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
500 Balltown Road
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• In title Office Assistant 1, Grade 06
• Eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable to an Office Assistant 1 by the Department of Civil Service.
Duties Description General Duties and Responsibilities:
Include, but are not limited to:
• Under the supervision of the Treatment Team Leader for Incident Review & Regularity Compliance Unit of the Quality Management Department. The Office Assistant is responsible for providing clerical support for the Unit and assisting the Incident Review Coordinator with data entry using various computer systems such as Microsoft Office Suite which includes data management in Access, Adobe Pro, and web-based data management applications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains file order and filling system. Responsible for the Records Archive and following the retention schedule.
• Schedules incidents for Special Review Committee Meetings.
• Prepares documents for the Incident Review Committee Chairperson.
• Typing, preparing, and handling various OPWDD documents (147, 148, 161, 162, 163, etc.).
• Enters data from the minor incident and event logs into a database for Trend Analysis.
• Contacts and coordinates with the various Teams regarding incidents as they populate in the Incident Report and Management Application, tracks the progress of regulatory required documentation.
• Enters, verifies, updates, corrects, and retrieves information from IRMA
• Initial incident entry into IRMA, updates investigations, closes incident case files in IRMA, verifies initial protections, uploads investigation supporting documents into IRMA, and updates the Corrective Action Plan in IRMA.
• Uploads SRC Review and Follow-up forms into IRMA. Obtains Team responses for upload into IRMA.
• Assists the Incident Review Coordinator as a liaison to the Incident Management Unit.
• Assists and provides coverage to other clerical staff assigned to the Quality Management Department in the completion of their duties.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Family and household member relationships: OPWDD policy may impact eligibility for this position. Employees are responsible for recognizing the relationship and not posting for positions where it would be a concern. Before you apply read Section 120.27 of the Region 3 Policy Manual. Please e-mail ODHPRSNL if you have you need help determining if this policy applies to you.
• CAPA: Must be cleared by the NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment, if position requires working with minors and not previously cleared.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• Please note: Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and should fax a current resume to the Capital District DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Please be sure to include posting #18-210 on your resume:
Capital District DDSO
500 Balltown Road
Schenectady, New York 12304
OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER