Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Housing Specialist 1, SG-18
Eligible for lateral or 70.1 transfer by having one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in an appropriate title;
Housing Specialist Trainee 1, SG-NS:
Eligible for a lateral transfer, or a 70.1 transfer, by having one year of permanent competitive service in an appropriate title.
NOTE: Candidates who are currently reachable on an appropriate eligible list for the Housing Specialist 1 or the PCO in Albany need not submit an application for this posting unless they are applying directly as a result of the transfer qualifications listed above.
Duties Description This position will be located within the Bureau of Housing Services area in either the Services Program Unit or the Capital Program Unit.
Duties of the position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist in review and processing of district homeless services plans, including moving proposed plans through an OTDA internal agency review process;
• Review, analyze and provide feedback on annual outcomes associated with district plans;
• Assist with convening of in person and remote meetings in various communities in New York State;
• Assist with developing applications to Housing Urban Development (HUD) for Continuum of Care (CoC) funds;
• Assist with the distribution of homeless services funds award;
• Assist with communication to local districts regarding the requirements and expectations for the submission of annual Code Blue plans;
• Review and process Code Blue plans through the OTDA internal agency review process;
• Monitor contractor performance relative to Code Blue plans;
• Coordinate corrective action plans relative to Code Blue plans;
• Assist in establishing connection with a Homeless Management Information System (HMIS);
• Develop and manage projects that provide housing and/or services for homeless and low-income households;
• Collaborate with project sponsors and other invested parties to develop procurement documents, evaluate proposals, write funding evaluations and recommendations, and negotiate the terms and conditions of contracts;
• Manage the contract development process, including: reviewing draft contracts, operating budgets, project designs and service delivery plans; and assisting with appropriate revisions to plans and applications. Ensure the timely execution of contracts by tracking contracts through OTDA’s internal and external reviewing offices;
• Monitor the performance of project sponsors and the ongoing operation of programs; process reimbursements timely.
Additional Comments You must be a current NYS employee to apply for these positions. Full time, permanent or contingent permanent appointments will be made. If certified by Civil Service, mandatory reemployment list candidates must be considered first for appointment to this title.
Salary for Trainee 1 is $42,986.
**Candidates should reference posting #18-115 when submitting your application.** If submitting electronically, please reference posting #18-115 as part of your subject line.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume. Include a current, Civil Service title and grade level and clearly state how you meet the minimum qualifications.
You may be required to provide acceptable proof of education, experience, credential and/or license to demonstrate that you meet the minimum qualifications for appointment to this position.
If you are a retiree currently receiving benefits, indicate this and the name of the retirement system in your response.
Applicants will be required to prove their eligibility for employment based upon acceptance of a position in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
In accordance with state law, Governor’s Executive Order No. 6 and Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, the NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance does not discriminate against disabled individuals. If you are disabled and require reasonable accommodation at the time of the interview, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity Development in Albany at (518) 473-8555 or in New York City at (212) 961-8216.