Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent plus seven years’ relevant experience, or an Associate’s degree plus four years relevant experience. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Associates degree plus four years of relevant experience. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Knowledge and application of basic maintenance and painting
techniques, practices, materials, and equipment.
• Knowledge of PC applications such as Outlook, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
The Senior Building Services Assistant supervises and performs a variety of tasks related to DASNY’s building services operations. The Senior Building Services Assistant position is characterized by significantly increased knowledge and independent initiative.
• Supervise and oversee the mailroom and supply duties; develop processes and procedures and ensure the efficient and effective operation of the mailroom and procurement, maintaining and distribution of supplies.
• Provide training of mailroom and supply room procedures to ensure quality of service carried out by mailroom and other building services staff.
• Supervise Security staff and/or Janitorial staff; ensure Security Guards and Janitorial Services staff maintain current and appropriate training.
• Supervise, and assist with building maintenance, renovations, repairs, painting, and cleaning of offices, kitchens, restrooms and other interior spaces.
• Supervise and oversee travel administration, including the processing of travel requests and the coordination of hotel reservations.
• Supervise transportation services; ensure electronic requests for pickup and delivery services are performed as scheduled and trip receipts are maintained accordingly.
• Assist with the management and maintenance of DASNY’s fleet vehicles, including the planning, organization and implementation of vehicle usage, inspection of vehicles, road testing and consultation/negotiation with automotive repair service providers.
• Review invoices, correspondence and other documents for accuracy and completeness.
• May be responsible for the oversight and supervision of DASNY owned property, including but not limited to building operations and management, staffing and supervision.
• Manage and prioritize workload, assign and monitor the completion of work.
• Interact and/or correspond directly with DASNY staff, contractors, and other external entities.
• Provide and/or coordinate the transportation services of DASNY’s President and/or Vice President with the Executive Assistant and applicable Building Services staff, as needed.
• Respond to adverse weather conditions including snow removal.
• Assist with moving and assembling furniture, moving equipment, file cabinets, boxes, etc. within the office, from the parking lot or loading dock, or to and from field sites as necessary.
• Review, verify, record, process and/or reconcile data, prepare analysis as needed.
• Develop, prepare, and maintain reports, spreadsheets, databases, charts, and logs of moderate complexity requiring the use of intermediate and advanced computer application skills.
• Prepare and/or review correspondence, forms letters, forms and other documents as necessary.
• Research information, compile data, prepare recommendations as requested.
• Respond to emergency situations or provide support to other areas such as security.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as back up to the Assistant Building Manager in his/her absence to provide supervision to building services staff.
• Process files in central files, as needed.
• Assist with day-to-day building maintenance activities and provide backup for others as needed.
• Provide administrative support to other staff as needed.
• Assist with the documentation and implementation of procedures.
• Assist with internal controls implementation, review and testing.
• Undertake special assignments as directed.
• Maintain regular, consistent attendance and punctuality in accordance with DASNY policy.
• Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Information Technology Services. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
Additional Comments Supervision
Supervision of employees is required.
Travel is required using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle or personal vehicle. This travel may include overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. Requires exposure to weather and temperature extremes and loud noises. Requires physical mobility (movement from place to place), the ability to lift at least 50 pounds, and the ability to see. Must be available to occasionally work a modified work schedule or extended workday hours.
Standard office environment including the use of one or more of the following: PC, telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, scanner, electronic stapler, three-hole punch, date stamp, shredder, mail machine.
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.