Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
500 Balltown Road
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• In title Transportation Supervisor 1, Grade 11
• Eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable to a Transportation Supervisor 1 by the Department of Civil Service.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Shall manage a fleet of 275 vehicles.
• Facilitate vehicle inspections, maintenance, and repairs.
• Review and authorize repairs via ARI Fleet Management Services.
• Transport vehicles for repair as needed.
• Assign replacement vehicles when necessary.
• Prepare new vehicles for delivery with plates and registrations, and identify old vehicles for surplus.
• Maintain vehicle registrations, inspections, EZ Pass tags, handicap placards, etc…
• Distribute DOT and WEX fleet gas cards to locations at which vehicles are assigned.
• Follow manufacturers recommendations when completing all warranty work, and addressing recall notices.
• Conduct in-service training on vehicle safety procedures when needed.
• Utilize spreadsheets to monitor and track vehicle assignments, repairs, and recall notices.
• Provide supervision to subordinate staff as necessary.
• Ensure compliance with OPWDD’s Fleet Management Policy.
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Family and household member relationships: OPWDD policy may impact eligibility for this position. Employees are responsible for recognizing the relationship and not posting for positions where it would be a concern. Before you apply read Section 120.27 of the Region 3 Policy Manual. Please e-mail ODHPRSNL if you have you need help determining if this policy applies to you.
• CAPA: Must be cleared by the NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment, if position requires working with minors and not previously cleared.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• Please note: Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and should fax a current resume to the Capital District DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Please be sure to include posting #18-211 on your resume:
Capital District DDSO
500 Balltown Road
Schenectady, New York 12304
OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER