Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Swan Street Bldg., Core 4
Minimum Qualifications Open to NYS employees with one year of permanent competitive service as an Office Assistant 1 (Keyboarding) or in a position eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in advancement of more than two salary grades.
Individuals certified eligible for the 55b/c program under the Governor's Program to Hire Persons/Veterans with Disabilities pursuant to Section 55b/c of the Civil Service Law will also be considered. Please provide a copy of your letter of eligibility with your response.
Candidates who have not previously served in a keyboarding title must demonstrate adequate keyboarding skills by passing the Keyboard Specialist performance test, which would be scheduled upon nomination.
Note: If you are on the examination eligible list for the position title in this location, you do not need to respond to this posting unless you are also eligible for appointment by one of the qualifications listed above. Candidates must be reachable on the current eligible list for this title in order to be list appointed.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Director of Labor Relations, the Office Assistant 1 (Keyboarding) provides support to the Human Resource Services, Labor Relations Unit. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare correspondence, records and other materials.
• Assists with preparing reports, as needed.
• Process transactions and maintain records and documents to meet the requirements of the agency.
• Review correspondence for grammatical and format accuracy.
• Edit and revise templates, as necessary.
• Receive, sort and distribute mail timely and accurately.
• Log and maintain records and files of various labor relations activities.
• Receive and route telephone inquiries.
• Correspond both verbally and in writing with ITS management, unions, employees and vendors.
• Respond to questions from other units or agencies.
• Copy, scan, and email documents as needed.
• Performs other miscellaneous office support work, as assigned.
Additional Comments The position is pending Division of the Budget approval. Some positions may require fingerprinting. Selected candidates who are new or returning to NYS service may be required to pay for fingerprinting fees.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, PO Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume to the attention of Louise C. Nails, no later than June 17, 2018, and indicate that you are applying for Office Assistant 1 (Keyboarding), Ref# 16446. In your cover letter, please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications as stated above, and describe relevant experience for this position. Your Social Security number may be required in order to confirm your eligibility.