Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
7152 East Taft Road
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
¬Transfer in title: Current or previous permanent service as a DA2 – salary grade 13.
70.1 Promotion/Transfer qualifications: Current or previous one year permanent service in a qualifying title at SG 11/12.
Examples include Sr. LPN 1 and DA1 and other comparable titles such as MHTA1, CRAD, etc.
Simultaneous to this posting the civil service for Developmental Assistant 2 may be canvassed. Management reserves the right to select either an eligible respondent to this posting or appoint from the Civil Service list.
The successful bidder to this posting is advised that it will be their responsibility to discuss, with their new supervisor, any previously approved time off. There is no guarantee the new unit will be able to honor previously approved time off.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
First level supervisor; supervises and works with staff to motivate and attend to the personal daily living needs of the developmentally disabled individuals in their care.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible to establish and ensure appropriate and adequate staffing schedules. This includes prudent management of ET and OT.
• Ensure physical plant maintenance to provide a clean, safe and homelike atmosphere. Develop and monitor preventative and routine maintenance schedules, responding to physical plant emergencies appropriately.
• Responsible for site PS and NPS budgeting including required auditing and reporting functions. Additionally, must insure proper handling and documentation of consumer funds/accounts.
• Prepare and submit a wide variety of administrative reports including, but not limited to, incident reports, Business Office and Human Resources Office policy and procedure, OGS/vehicle maintenance, Staff Services requirements etc.
• Ensure program implementation is carried out by all staff consistently emphasizing independence, individualization, inclusion, and productivity. Coordinate and promote community inclusion activities. Ensure ongoing advocacy.
• Plans, organizes, and monitors work of subordinate staff, role modeling, training/orientation, providing directions and clear expectations with prescribed methods of completion. Institute clear responsibility and accountability. Ensure completion and timely submission of performance evaluations for subordinate staff. TIMES completion. Provide recognition and support along with feedback needed to improve work performance. Responsibilities ultimately cover all shifts necessitating the need to flex in order to provide appropriate oversight to afternoons and midnights, at times, in accordance with Article 32.
• Facilitate routine supervisory and house-staff meeting.
• Maintain open communication and provide necessary feedback to all members of the treatment team including supervisory and clinical staff in order to ensure the health and safety of the individuals living in the home.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit PRF-1 and/or, cover letter and résumé by 06/18/2018 , to:
Central New York DDSO
Attn: Human Resources
187 Northern Concourse
Syracuse, NY 13212
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
Any questions regarding the duties of this position may be directed to Kelly Scanlon at (315) 598-6120.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.