Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Talent Development and Training Unit, 5 Wilbur Road
Minimum Qualifications • Must be currently permanent in the title of Office Assistant 2 Keyboarding.
• Must be active and reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list for Office Assistant 2 Keyboarding.
• Must be eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable by the NYS Department of Civil Service to the title of Office Assistant 2 Keyboarding.
• Qualified for Provisional Appointment to an Office Assistant 2 Keyboarding.
(Must have one year permanent service as an Office Assistant 1. If previously did not hold an Office Assistant 1 position, the applicant must take and pass a performance exam to demonstrate keyboarding skills.)
NOTE: Provisional appointments will only be considered if there are insufficient In-Title and/or Civil Service List Candidates.
Duties Description The Office Assistant 2 responsibilities may include:
• Serve as SLMS Secondary administrator: set up classes, enter data, retrieving information, etc.
• Manage filing system for employee records and training documentation.
• Use Excel spreadsheets to collect and maintain training records.
• Assist Training staff in maintaining training material.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by June 26, 2018, to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
P.O. Box 470
Notes on ApplyingPOSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Talent Development & Training Unit plays an integral role within the OPWDD framework. By providing training to employees, who provide support to individuals with developmental disabilities. The unit provides staff with the necessary training and development activities needed to perform their jobs with the highest level of effectiveness and efficiency. Talent Development & Training staff work hard towards the goal of ensuring that all OPWDD employees have the skills and supports they need to help individuals with developmental disabilities live richer lives.