Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Candidates must possess a New York State Class B Commercial Drivers License without an air brake restriction. Must have tanker endorsement.
One year of verifiable experience operating commercial motor vehicles in support of grounds maintenance, highway maintenance, parks maintenance, or similar operation is preferred.
Duties Description Position Summary:
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Operating large garbage packers, backhoes, dump trucks, large delivery trucks, loaders, tractors, forklifts, snow & ice removal equipment, turf maintenance equipment, and other grounds maintenance equipment.
• Assisting with spraying, turf repair, fertilizing, grass cutting, pruning and planting projects.
• Loading and transporting freight
• Setting up and breaking down furniture and other freight to be hauled in and among campus properties
• Set up and take down staging, curtains and other items relating to special events on campus
• Performing routine service on motorized/ non-motorized vehicles and equipment which includes changing tires, lubrication, check and add fluids, install/remove snow plows, and perform minor repairs.
• Moving cargo on and off vehicles.
• Removing snow and ice from paved surfaces.
• Maintaining daily reports on activities performed.
Must be physically able to withstand medium to heavy lifting involving frequent exposure to all types of weather conditions. Incumbent will frequently perform manual labor associated with maintaining campus grounds. Must be willing to work overtime for snow removal and other seasonal requirements.??
Successful candidates in the position must be able to effectively communicate with coworkers, supervisors and the campus community. This position may require you to work in a team so the candidate should have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. The candidate must possess and have proven positive customer service skills; must also possess good listening skills and be able to understand and follow written and/or oral instructions.
Since the activities of other employees depend upon the availability of the employee in this position, reliable attendance is a factor that will be considered when filling this vacancy.
This position is defined as safety-sensitive, and as such, is subject to alcohol and drug testing under the Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991.
The University at Buffalo offers world class benefits that exceed salary alone, such as health and retirement plans. To obtain more information regarding the University’s benefits that you would be eligible for please access the following link: http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/state/csea.html
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.