Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Swan Street Building, Core 4
Minimum Qualifications One year of permanent competitive service as a Training Specialist 2 (formerly Agency Training and Development Specialist 2), G-23, or in a title at G-21 or above deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law, or in a title approved for transfer to this title under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. Consecutive transfers resulting in an advancement of more than two salary grades are not permitted under Civil Service Law.
Note: If you are on the examination eligible list for the position title in this location, you do not need to respond to this posting unless you are also eligible for appointment by one of the qualifications listed above. Candidates must be reachable on the current eligible list certification for this title in order to be list appointed. Please respond to all eligible list canvasses received.
Experience with the Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS)Experience with Lectora and Camtasia• Experience in management, supervision, and public speaking/presentations• Excellent oral and written communication skills• Experience in managing multiple time-critical tasks in a fast paced environment• Working knowledge of data management methodologies to include the development, planning, and distribution of reports• Experience with analyzing and summarizing data to highlight trends and potential concerns• Experience with writing technical and non-technical training materials.• Demonstrated experience with the resources, methodology, and trends in learning and development, and the theory, principles, and techniques of learning and development and course instruction.• Ability to teach learning and development courses sponsored by the Governor's Office of Employee Relations.• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, to training participants and agency program staff.• Ability to write descriptive materials in a clear and concise manner.
Duties Description Under the supervision of a Director or Assistant Director of Training, duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Plan, develop, and deliver complex courses in supervisory, information technology and business subject areas using a variety of modalities. This will include the development and delivery of online (eLearning) and offline (instructor-led) learning opportunities, as well as blended learning.
• Coordinate with agency program managers to assess the learning and development needs of agency program areas, identify requirements, and plan learning and development programs designed to address these needs.
• Deliver training on identified topics as required, independently or with with the assistance of a Training Specialist 1.
• Assist with development of financial and budgetary estimates; identify and/or assess vendor products if necessary
• Research external training vendors in order and make recommendations to department management on providing specific business and technical learning and development programs.
• Provide assistance with drafting proposals to solicit funding from State and employee organizations, such as unions or Federal government entities.
• Research grant funding opportunities through both State and Federal programs, as well as external training entities, and assist in the development and drafting of grant requests.
• Assess and evaluate the effectiveness of learning and development programs, and liaise with ITS program areas to identify and implement learning and development performance metrics and analytics.
Perform the full range of supervisory duties.
Additional Comments This position is pending DOB approval. Some positions may require fingerprinting. Selected candidates who are new or returning to NYS service may be required to pay for fingerprinting fees.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
PO Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to the attention of Louise C. Nails, no later than June 18, 2018 and indicate that you are applying for Training Specialist 2, Ref# 58129. In your cover letter, please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications as stated above, and describe relevant experience for this position.
Your Social Security number may be required in order to confirm your eligibility.