Duties Description • Research Analysis and Evaluation
Obtain and develop information to plan and execute various initiatives for audits and special projects to determine sources of data and collection methods for specific audits and projects.
Develop and implement systems to capture, analyze and report results for use in assessing audit risk.
Research, collect, cleanse/process, analyze and evaluate large data sets using programming languages such as Python or R.
Analyze and interpret results for audit staff for use in audit planning and audit fieldwork and for audits and special reports on specific programs.
Develop data analysis approaches that incorporate data mining and statistical computer modeling techniques using highly specialized software to extract and analyze data to detect: unnecessary and improper payments, fraud, computer system control weaknesses, and ineffective and inefficient government programs and policies.
Interpret and evaluate results, contribute to establishing project workflows, and document methodology.
Communicate with representatives of the program area under analysis to obtain and validate information, resolve problems, and check conclusions.
Prepare written reports of the analysis and findings along with recommended courses of action based on the findings.
Assist staff in understanding data files and develop approaches for interpreting and analyzing the data.
Assist on specific audits and consult with audit teams in an analytical capacity to provide technical assistance on audit testing and employee helps resolve users’ problems.
Make use of audit results to improve and enhance analytical techniques, and data modeling and data mining efforts.
• Professional Development
Seek out and obtain specialized training in broad range of technical skill sets to provide formal and informal (on-the-job) training to employees on the most efficient and effective analytical techniques.
• Evaluate Acquisition of New Software
Evaluate acquisition of new software.
Learn how to use new software and assesse its usability and functionality for the unit.
Transfer knowledge to coworkers so they can become skilled at using new software.
Additional Comments DESIRED COMPETENCIES
• A bachelor’s degree and two years of professional research experience including data or statistical analysis using programming languages such as R or Python.
• Exceptional analytical proficiency. Ability to collect, evaluate, cleanse, analyze a range of raw data sets from diverse sources; plan and execute initiatives for audits and special projects.
• Advanced knowledge of and experience using computer programming language(s) (such as R and/or Python).
• Outstanding research skills relating to data science. Experience with data analytic research methods and techniques (for example, data mining, statistical computer modeling, and machine learning).
• Highly organized, with the ability to independently develop a major data analytic project collaboratively as part of a team and providing occasional technical support to staff both formally and informally in use of analytical techniques as well as information management tools.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain highly technical information to others and promote strategic organizational plans and goals.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with and motivate others, working with internal and external project partners.
• Attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to document technical methodologies and contribute to developing project work flows and systems.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 25, 2018. Please reference Item #3057 – GOER-SAB when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The VACANCY ID # should not be included.