Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current Office of General Services employees with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c status as an Energy Conservation Technical Specialist and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employees with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c status as an Energy Conservation Technical Specialist eligible to transfer via 70.1.
Provisional Pending Examination (Open-Competitive)
Seven years of experience involving the evaluation, analysis, and use of data from energy management systems involving large office buildings of at least 100,000 gross square feet, or complexes of 10 or more separate occupied office buildings comprising 1,000,000 or more square feet, for the purposes of increased efficiency and conservation of energy resources. A bachelor’s degree in engineering may substitute for up to four years of the required experience.
Duties Description Develop contract standards and specifications for projects to be completed in OGS owned buildings or OGS leased space using state-of-the-art energy technology, as well as new or improved methods and equipment and/or product lines.
• Supervise, plan, schedule and coordinate large projects related to utilities improvements, conservation, and energy management.
• Coordinate project funding by working with the OGS Capital Improvements personnel to develop budget submittals for future project work.
• Monitor energy conservation with a variety of supervisory control and data acquisition building automation and energy management historian systems to ensure agency goals and Executive Order 88 and Executive Order-166 is met.
• Develop and utilize numerous diverse computer applications for engineering analysis, benchmarking energy metrics, nominations and forecasting agency needs
• Perform audits on facility energy usage and evaluate existing equipment for possible energy efficient upgrades for large scale projects.
• Initiate energy saving programs in all OGS statewide facilities at the physical plants, machine equipment rooms, computer driven automation systems.
• Research and recommend energy saving equipment and products for procurement and application use in very complex, energy mechanical system projects.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.