Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Provisional Pending Examination:
Seven years of experience in warehouse operations, supply chain management, and logistics. Three years must have included supervision of staff. Candidate must have two years of previous certification operating a forklift. An associate’s degree can substitute for two years of non-supervisory experience. A bachelor’s degree may substitute for four years of non-supervisory experience.
Duties Description • Collaborate with New York State agencies to assess and organize assigned space. Recommend the transition of assets into a centralized warehouse/distribution center location managed by OGS when necessary.
• Manage transitions with agencies to move assets, monitor transferred inventory, update inventory system(s), and determine the disposition of property including surplus items.
• Monitor the daily administration, supervision, and management of all facility locations and positions assigned to OGS Distribution Management.
• Ensure all Distribution Centers meet Health and Safety regulations and codes including first aid medical station compliance.
• Administer safety committee meetings with tenant agencies.
• Analyze and update internal controls and processes. Author procedural or policy changes to improve operations.
• Foster continuous improvement between tenant agencies by evaluating requests, monitoring trends, and developing a schedule for all reoccurring high volume and/or priority distributions and events. This includes the development and reporting on after-action plans and lessons learned.
• Perform ongoing analysis of shipping functions including cost-saving examinations of vendor pricing and internal courier rates.
• Approve purchase requisitions and orders associated with tenant agency distribution functions.
• Perform the full range of management duties such as identify staff development needs, evaluate staff performance, and ensure completion of timely performance evaluations.
• Perform other tasks as needed in an efficient, timely, and safe manner.
• Candidate must have two years of previous certification operating a forklift. Ability to operate a variety of materials handling equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks. Upon appointment, a forklift instructor certification will be required.
• Possession and maintenance of a valid Driver’s License issued by the NYS Department of Motor Vehicle is required.
• Ability to bend, lift, climb and to stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 70 pounds.
• Flexibility to work in environments of fluctuating temperatures including limited periods outside, year-round.
• Within 60 days of appointment, obtain (and maintain) certification in CPR and comply with established safety procedures.
• Ability to respond to warehouse emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.