Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be employed by New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
Candidates must have permanent status as a Senior Health Care Fiscal Analyst, Grade 18 and be eligible for lateral transfer OR be eligible to transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The Office of Financial Management, Bureau of Strategic Financial Direction is recruiting to fill a Senior Health Care Fiscal Analyst/Health Care Fiscal Analyst Trainee position. The incumbent will perform duties that include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Collect and analyze data on behavioral health policy issues and regulatory and financial practices in other states to compare new and innovative approaches to transforming and improving the operations and outcomes of behavioral health systems.
• Participate in the development and implementation of studies and prepare reports concerning policy and practice assessments of service providers and agents responsible for authorization of and payment for care.
• Participate in the planning and coordination of public forums concerning current and long-range policy and financial issues.
• Assist in developing information for and in providing technical assistance to local governments and providers concerning county strategic and financial planning needs.
• Assist in the implementation of activities outlined in action plans and initiatives identified in Agency planning documents, including program and financial model specifications, pilot demonstration projects, guidelines, draft regulations, Medicaid State Plan documents.
• Maintain and interpret financial and programmatic databases of varying complexity.
• Create narrative and quantitative reports for monitoring or measuring fiscal and programmatic goals.
• Make inquiries into computer-based data bases and make reliable inferences.
• Learn procedural programming logic (e.g. - SQL, PL/SQL), and learn to perform data analysis on very large databases using Business Intelligence, Data Retrieval, and Data Analysis tools (e.g. - Hyperion, Business Objects, Cognos, OBIEE, TOAD, SQL Developer, Excel, MS Access).
• Learn new computer skills and data-access languages as OMH’s data-environment evolves.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #54123 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.