Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area.
• At least five years’ experience in B2B and/or direct consumer marketing, including designing and/or managing CRM programs, in both domestic and international markets
• Experience working in or with the tourism industry
• Experience in developing and managing programs
• Understanding of the latest issues impacting the tourism industry, and tourism marketing tools including advertising, market research, public relations, experiential marketing and digital media
• Experience supervising staff and/or creating and/or managing budgets a plus
• Familiarity with New York State’s tourism regions and assets a plus
• Experience working in government or with governmental entities a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Other Expectations:
• Excellent writing and oral communications skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent judgment and professionalism
• Team player who can be both creative and flexible
• Record of innovative leadership and creative programming
• Ability to represent the Division of Tourism with the public, elected officials and New York State’s tourism industry
• Record of past success as part of a highly visible tourism marketing program a plus
Duties Description Support the Executive Director and the tourism team in coordinating ESD’s iconic “I Love New York” tourism program and help coordinate marketing efforts to increase awareness and promote statewide tourism visitation.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• As part of ESD’s tourism team, help develop and implement the state’s tourism marketing program
• Oversee the development of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) initiatives for tourism
• Oversee the division’s international tourism program
• Oversee the development, distribution and/or operation of consumer tourism resources, such as printed collateral, promotional items, and the tourism information line
• Assist the Executive Director with division operations
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.