Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Education Program Assistant 1.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates who are reachable on the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) or the New York State Education Department’s Public Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) eligible list may be considered for appointment.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Education Program Assistant 1: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in a title SG-13 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Education Trainee: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-13 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Section 70.4 Transfer: Candidates may be eligible for transfer to Education Trainee if they possess a bachelor’s degree AND have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-9 or higher AND have standing on the PCO or PATT eligible list.
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services (ACCES) is seeking candidates to fill two Education Program Assistant 1 positions within the Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision (BPSS). Under the direct supervision of an Education Program Assistant 2 (School Licensing Supervisor), the incumbents will work with staff in various BPSS units in a team environment. The incumbents will assist with review, approvals and coordination of new school, candidate school, school renewal and personnel applications. Duties of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Review new school license applications, school candidacy applications, and new school personnel applications and communicate deficiencies to applicants;
• Review change of ownership applications and assist schools through the process;
• Review school ownership and financial viability documentation as part of the school license application processes;
• Review school catalogs, enrollment agreements, and administrative documents as part of the application process;
• Manage/track statuses of school licenses and school personnel applications through the online system;
• Reply to written correspondences, emails, and telephone inquiries;
• Assist with data collection For Freedom of Information requests, as well as requests from various state and federal agencies;
• Give licensing presentations at the semi-annual Directors’ Course and various technical training workshops, with limited in-state travel required; and
• Assist Licensing Supervisor with various Licensing Unit projects and communication to BPSS customers.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: These will be contingent-permanent appointments. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or transcripts will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
The salary listed above applies to candidates appointed to Education Program Assistant 1, SG-14. The hiring rate for candidates appointed to Education Trainee 1 starts at $38,464, and for current New York State employees, is based on the candidate’s salary at the time of hire. Transfer candidates to Education Trainee and appointees from the PATT or PCO eligible list will serve a two-year traineeship leading to the grade 14 salary level.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $58,028 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by July 3, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (see list below) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM Room 528EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by July 3, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (see list below) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.