Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications STATE EMPLOYEES:
Office of General Services employees who have permanent, contingent-permanent or 55 b/c status as a BSC Analyst 1 and are interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employees with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position at SG-13 or above and eligible for transfer under section 52.6, 70.1, or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law*.
*Comprehensive lists of titles approved for transfer to a BSC Analyst 1, BSC Analyst Trainee 1 and BSC Analyst Trainee 2 are available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT at www.cs.ny.gov.
NOTE: Successful completion of a two year traineeship leads to appointment as a BSC Analyst 1, SG-18.
Candidates who are currently 55b/c eligible AND possess a bachelor’s degree are encouraged to apply for this position. If you qualify using this method you are required to provide us with your current letter of eligibility from Civil Service along with your resume.
Individuals with current standing on the Professional Career Opportunity (PCO) eligible list with the score of 100 or above are encouraged to apply.
Duties Description The Transition Team within the BSC is dedicated to supporting the customers of the BSC both during an agency’s transition and throughout receipt of services from the BSC. The team works to establish and maintain strong working relationships with each of the BSC’s customer agencies to foster the communication needed to ensure an agency is receiving quality services that support it in meeting its mission objectives. The Business Services Center Analyst 1 will be working directly with agencies to execute activities including, but not limited to the following:
• Managing the Transition team shared mailbox; responding, referring, and updating to active Transition plans.
• Developing presentation and communication materials in SharePoint, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Tracking tasks related to the transition of agency HR and Finance services to the BSC against defined project plans and time lines.
• Providing support in Transition meetings through a defined process that includes diagnostic, solution design, cut-over, and stabilization stages for each of the services transitioning to the BSC.
• Providing Ad Hoc (needs of the business) support for special projects, LEAN efforts, Kaizen activities, and related logistical requirements.
• Working with the HR and Finance service lines to update and maintain policies, procedures and FAQs for distribution to transitioning and customer agencies.
• Documenting unique business processes, operational and organizational information about each agency, and sharing across the BSC service lines.
• Developing and implementing Standard Work protocols in your unit, and soliciting feedback from staff on necessary changes and improvements.
• Leading and participating in team huddles and sharing your ideas and insights with staff.
• Incorporating lean principles across all work, and following the WILO (Week in the Life Of) schedule, and performing all duties with a “continuous improvement” mindset, offering ideas and solutions to coworkers.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.