Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Transfer Qualifications: Any current Habilitation Specialist 1
Any permanent employee eligible for a 70.1 transfer.
Anyone eligible to take the Civil Service examination for Habilitation Specialist 1
Promotional Opportunities: Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service List.
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the qualifications below may be qualified for a provisional appointment.
Minimum Qualifications: A qualifying Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services and 1 year clinical/or direct care experience or a qualifying Master’s Degree in Human Services.
QIDP STANDARDS ARE:
• The Department of Developmental Services (DDS) adopted the federal definition for Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP) in all ICF/DD, ICF/DD-H, ICF/DD-N and DD-CNC facilities when the Federal ICF/IID regulations became effective in October 1988. The federal criteria outdates the state regulations specified in the California Code of Regulations, Title 22.
• QIDP is a staff who is responsible for integrating, coordinating and monitoring each client's active treatment and who possesses:
• (a) At least one year of experience working directly with persons with intellectual disabilities or other developmental disabilities.
• (b) Is either a physician and surgeon, or an osteopathy physician and surgeon, a registered nurse, or a human services professional possessing at least a bachelor's degree in a human services field, including but not limited to sociology, special education, rehabilitation counseling or psychology.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Will co-ordinate and provide services for individuals in an IRA setting.
• Will provide oversight for the direct care staff in the area of active treatments.
• Will provide training and hands on assistance in the proper delivery of daily program services.
• Will attend and participate in the individual meetings and mandatory in-service training.
• Will be responsible for ensuring training procedures and on-going services are developed, maintained and implemented consistently as written.
• Will attend ISP meetings for all individuals and ensure that appropriate changes are made to the plans in a timely manner.
• Will be responsible for the content and organization of the program chart for the individuals at the IRA.
• Will act as a liaison for the residential and day habilitation programs at the ISP meetings and during other times of need.
• Will maintain a good working relationship with all house staff and other disciplines in the provision of programs services.
• Will work closely with the IRA Supervisors to ensure staff resources are available for the needs of all individuals and Day Habilitation programs.
• Will effectively and consistently communicate with supervisors, house staff and other team members via email, communication book and other methods as appropriate.
• Will assist with other habilitation service needs as warranted.
• Will participate in annual chart audits.
• May be asked to chair committees for special programming.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.