Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
328 State Street
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list, or;
Candidates must have permanently served at least one year in a title designated as appropriate for transfer in accordance with Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The position of Workers’ Compensation Examiner would be assigned to the Special Funds group within Financial Services and would encompass but not be limited to the following duties:
• Assist supervisor with receipt, evaluation, analysis, and adjustment of payment requests and reports submitted by third-party administrators and other third-party entities who are providing services to the Board. Verify completeness and accuracy of requests and reports per established procedures. Assist supervisor in the calculating appropriate payment amounts and frequency, in compliance with instructions, Board requirements, procedures, and standards of accuracy. Enter pay request into system where appropriate.
• Correspond with third-party entities, customers, and stakeholders as needed, and in order to remedy any outstanding issues or questions that arise regarding submissions or reports.
• Keep claimant case files organized and up to date. Ensure accurate records are kept describing each transaction and in accordance with prescribed procedures.
• Demonstrate appropriate etiquette, skills, and techniques when responding to telephone and e-mail inquiries. Assure that the person seeking access to case specific information is authorized, in accordance with Board procedures. Reply to written correspondence and telephone inquiries by providing the required data and information in a timely fashion.
• Understand procedures and associated forms. Understand requirements and assure that all necessary documentation is contained in files. Assure that payment requests are complete and in accordance with Board procedures.
• Ensure file log is completed with each transaction and in accordance with prescribed procedures.
• Prepare or assist with preparation of reports, summaries, or other similar documents upon request.
• Review incoming faxes and/or e-mails for all payment related requests and forward when necessary to appropriate staff or office.
• Supervise staff in a manner that makes good use of their existing abilities and assist when necessary by providing guidance, training and resolving issues/questions that cannot be resolved by subordinate staff.
• Complete all employee performance evaluations and probationary reports. Monitor and approve requests for leave for staff, as well as reviewing of time sheets.
• Assist supervisor, and keep supervisor informed of significant issues.
• Complete assignments accurately and within identified guidelines & instructions.
• Assist other staff within the Special Funds group with tasks or backlogs as needed, this may include, among other assignments, data entry, mail sorting or distribution, as well as review of claims files for settlement and hearing scheduling tasks;
• Assist with any special projects as assigned.
Additional Comments Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest and resume which lists your actual Civil Service title, salary grade and specific verifiable information as to how you meet the minimum qualifications to be eligible to apply for this position. Please send your application to HRM@WCB.ny.gov (email applications are preferred). It is important that you reference the WCB Item #8656 in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. (Please do not reference the Vacancy ID No.)
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.