Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR PERMANENT APPOINTMENT:
• Currently serving as a Utilization Review Coordinator and eligible for transfer; OR
• Reachable on the Civil Service List for Utilization Review Coordinator; OR
• One year in a permanent title eligible for 70.1 transfer per Civil Service Rules and Regulations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR PROVISIONAL APPOINTMENT:
• You must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office of Mental Health or the Office for People With Developmental Disabilities and have had three months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a:
Either A. Community Mental Health Nurse, Community Mental Health Nurse (Spanish Language), Health Care Surveyor 1 (Nursing), Health Care Surveyor 2 (Nursing), Health Services Nurse, Infection Control Nurse, Medical Care Representative, Mental Hygiene Staff Development Specialist 3 (Nursing), Nurse 2, Nurse 2 (Manual Communications), Nurse 2 (Psychiatric), Nurse 2 [Psychiatric] (Chinese Language), Nurse 2 [Psychiatric] (Manual Communications), Nurse 2 [Psychiatric] (Spanish Language), Nurse 2 (Rehabilitation), Nurse 3 (Correctional Services), Nurse 3 (Geriatric), Nurse 3 (Psychiatric), Nurse 3
[Psychiatric] (Manual Communications), Nurse 3 [Psychiatric] (Spanish Language), Nurse 3 (Rehabilitation), Nurse Administrator 1, Nurse Administrator 1 (Psychiatric), Nurse Administrator 1 (Rehabilitation), Nurse Administrator 2, Nurse Administrator 2 (Psychiatric), Nurse Administrator 2 (Rehabilitation), Senior Utilization Review Nurse, Supervising Health Services Nurse, Teaching & Research Center Nurse 2, Teaching & Research Center Nurse 3, Teaching & Research Center Specialty Nurse;
Or B. Licensed Master Social Worker 1, Licensed Master Social Worker 1 (Korean Language), Licensed Master Social Worker 1 (Spanish Language), Licensed Master Social Worker 2, Licensed Master Social Worker 2 (Chinese Language), Licensed Master Social Worker 2 (Korean Language), Licensed Master Social Worker 2 (Manual Communications), Licensed Master Social Worker 2 (Spanish Language), Social Worker 1, Social Worker 1 (Spanish Language), Social Worker 1 (Chinese Language); Social Work Assistant 3, Social Work Assistant 3 (Spanish Language), or Social Work Assistant 3 (Chinese Language) and have a bachelor’s degree or higher in a human services field.*
* A degree in a human services field includes the professional disciplines of audiology, community mental health, nursing, nutrition, occupational therapy, physical therapy, psychology, rehabilitation counseling, social work, speech/language pathology, and therapeutic recreation (including concentrations in art, dance, drama, music, or physical education). Also included are related academic disciplines associated with the study of human behavior (e.g., gerontology, human services, sociology, and speech communication) or human skills development (e.g., counseling, education, and human development).
Examples of non-qualifying degrees include but are not limited to: anthropology, criminal justice, political science, liberal arts, and business.
If you are appointed on a provisional basis, you must participate in the next Civil Service examination(s) and receive a score that is reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists with the implementation of the Electronic Health Records (EHR) System
• Functions as one of the EHR super users
• Provides technical assistance to units on utilization of EHR
• Conducts Quality Assurance reviews of individuals’ records as directed by the Quality Improvement director
• Monitors and ensures accurate billing.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.